Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Italian Helmet(Real Or Fake?)

Article about: Hey guys, I know this isn’t the right forum for this post, but I was not able to find a forum for Italian Militaria. I found this helmet at an Antique store, and J wanted to find out if it’s

Default Italian Helmet(Real Or Fake?)

Hey guys, I know this isn’t the right forum for this post, but I was not able to find a forum for Italian Militaria. I found this helmet at an Antique store, and J wanted to find out if it’s real. I’m planing on putting it in my collection, and I have no intention on selling it. It is in pretty relic condition, but I like it this way. I just want to know if it’s real or not, and when it could have been used. Thank you!
    Italian Helmet(Real Or Fake?)Italian Helmet(Real Or Fake?)Italian Helmet(Real Or Fake?)Italian Helmet(Real Or Fake?)Italian Helmet(Real Or Fake?)Italian Helmet(Real Or Fake?)Italian Helmet(Real Or Fake?)

Any help would be appreciated!

MAP
    ?

As noted in your other thread......

"Looks like one to me. But don't think it is worth $50.

Edit: On second thought.....the rivets seem a bit low. Maybe the angle of the photo?

Check out this thread and compare"

Italian M33 helmet-1947-90
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Yeah I think it’s the angle it was taken. It was taken at a diagonal downwards angle, so it looks like everything looks lower. Thank you for your help

I just checked you thread and it looks to be the M33/47 helmet. The rivets on the M33/47 are also a little low. Tell me what you think

Pics are bad, but im pretty sure thats an early example of m33 with first type arivents, mostly used in Spain!
    Btw, i'll not even paid 10$ for it..

As MementoMori said, it is a M33 first production, mid 30s with rivet/air vents like this:

They were initially distributed during the Spanish War, but they continued to be used even after the stocks ended, despite the problems generated by this type of rivets, which easily loosened.

Regards