Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Italian helmets of WW2

Article about: Hello to all, I want to share with you my little, but I think interesting, collection of Italian WW2 helmets. To begin a helmet M33 used by italian infantryman on the Russian front, in fact

Default Aluminium mod. 1916

For the veteran associations of WW1, during the year 30/40 were produced this helmets in aluminium; notice the second repainted gray and reused by a volunteer of "UNPA" (Air Raid Protection).

1°-First type
    Italian helmets of WW2Italian helmets of WW2Italian helmets of WW2

2°-Second type
    Italian helmets of WW2Italian helmets of WW2Italian helmets of WW2

MAP
    ?

Interesting. I have a UNPA Adrian but isn't is in black and has a badge. Never knew much about it.

Italian UNPA steel helmet. French or Italian??
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Michael, very nice even your mod. 1928; also for these helmets it is the rule of prudence, in fact a few years have come on the market many pieces, stock funds, then completed with decorations and friezes added later.

Hi, Michael
    Your helmet UNPA is very nice.
    It is a French production Adrian mod. 1915, used by Italian Army in WW1, black painted and reused by UNPA during the 40s.
    The Italian Army entered to WW1 in 1915, but did not have a helmet, essential equipment for trench war, then quickly bought a lot of French Adrian; that were used while maintaining the french frieze and in many cases even the color "blue horizon".
    The Adrian was built in four parts: cover, front visor, back visor and crest.
    In the 1916 Italians produced a copy of them called mod. 1916, built in two piece and therefore more robust.
    I enclose a French Adrian first equipment, these helmets with going to war were all repainted with a blue a little darker and less visible.

greetigs
    Roberto
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Italian helmets of WW2   Italian helmets of WW2  

Last edited by OldSteel; 11-22-2015 at 04:50 PM.

MAP
    ?

Thanks. It was interesting so I purchased it. Not very collectable or desirable but it was in really good shape and it was unique and the price was right.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Fantastic helmets Roberto. Love the Tropical one
    Thanks for sharing them.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Nice to see your collection Roberto .
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Default M33 "four holes" for firefighters

Hi to all,
    here's another Italian M33 "four holes", in origin grey/green color, then black repainted on the outside and used by "firefighters" of an industry, or by official departments of fire used in emergency to replace the normally equipment helmets; during the war this could happen.
    The liner and chinstrap are those in poor material often used in wartime.

greetings
    Roberto
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Italian helmets of WW2   Italian helmets of WW2  

Italian helmets of WW2   Italian helmets of WW2  

Italian helmets of WW2   Italian helmets of WW2  

Default M33 "without air vents"

Morning to all,
    I want to add to this post a latest find, I think it is an interesting variation of this helmet model; it is a M33 "without air vents", this model made with low quality steel was destined to second line units and civil defense organizations.
    Unfortunately the interior of this example has been lost, however it was very similar to that of a Russian M40 helmet, but the three small pillows which composed it were leather made.

Greetings
    Roberto

Italian helmets of WW2Italian helmets of WW2Italian helmets of WW2Italian helmets of WW2Italian helmets of WW2Italian helmets of WW2

ADH
    ?

Default m33 Assistance

Good Afternoon,
    Not entirely certain if this is how I join the thread. Would be very grateful for some assistance on this Italian M33.
    1. Although there is little paint left does this look original?
    2. What era does this helmet come from?
    3. Are the vents a clue to it's year of production?
    Thank you for your assistance.
    Kind regards,
    Anthony
    Italian helmets of WW2Italian helmets of WW2Italian helmets of WW2Italian helmets of WW2Italian helmets of WW2Italian helmets of WW2Italian helmets of WW2Italian helmets of WW2Italian helmets of WW2Italian helmets of WW2Italian helmets of WW2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast