Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Italian M33 Helmet Pick-Up...

Article about: Good Morning, Friends... I managed to score this Italian M33 yesterday for \\$20...I remember in the 1980s when these could be had for under \\$10 and still went unsold...But it's become clear t

Quote by OldSteel View Post
    A nice helmet Glenn, certainly very worn, but with great character and with all the original components.

Regards
    Roberto
    Grazi, Roberto! It arrived 2 days ago and looks much better in hand than it does on the photos...All I've done so far is remove the Spider Webs from the liner, lol...
    Notice the Dirt that's on the surface, covering the paint...Wouldn't it be better if I removed it, because there's quite a bit of Original Paint remaining...There are also Stamped Markings on the Shell - But I don't know what they mean...
    cheers, Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Italian M33 Helmet Pick-Up...   Italian M33 Helmet Pick-Up...  

Hi Glenn, it is very beautiful as it is, I would limit myself to blow away dust and cobwebs.
    The mark on the rear flap "S" identifies the manufacturer (unknown) while the next three numbers identify the batch number, in any case a good indication because it is an manufacturer active during the WW2.
    I also have such a marked example, in this case it is a WW2 helmet for second-line troops with lower ballistic capabilities, called "four holes"; It can be recognized by a quarter hole made on front or dome, and as can be seen from the photo: the liner leather is replaced by poor material made in war economy.

Regards
    Roberto

Thanks for the helpful info, Roberto - Much Appreciated!!
    cheers, Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Italian M33 Helmet Pick-Up...  

It may be a little tatty but it's got character!...

?

A great find Glenn , I love it just as it is also
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

MAP
    ?

Quote by real steel View Post
    The US M1 helmets took a "nose dive" recently. About 6-7 years ago they peaked. Last couple of years they are on a decline. "Supply & Demand" & of course demographics.
    But I still can't find a real Medic or Paratrooper I could afford...........LoL...

Oh for a nice WW2 M1 Medic
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    But I still can't find a real Medic or Paratrooper I could afford...........LoL...

Oh for a nice WW2 M1 Medic
    One of these days you'll stumble upon that Winning Piece for $20 at a Garage Sale, when you least expect it, lol...
    That's how these things often tend to work out - It will practically fall into your Lap, lol...
    cheers, Glenn

MAP
    ?

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    One of these days you'll stumble upon that Winning Piece for $20 at a Garage Sale, when you least expect it, lol...
    That's how these things often tend to work out - It will practically fall into your Lap, lol...
    cheers, Glenn
    Thanks for the Pep talk Glenn but.....

"Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2