MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Italian Medal - Can't identify

Article about: Has anyone seen one of these before? Picked it up yesterday and just trying to identify. Probably civilian. Not military although it has a soldier on the front. It references south America a

MAP
    ?

Default Italian Medal - Can't identify

Has anyone seen one of these before?

Picked it up yesterday and just trying to identify. Probably civilian. Not military although it has a soldier on the front.

It references south America and breaking the chains of slavery....

any and all comments are welcome!

Thanks and Regards,

Michael

Italian Medal - Can't identifyItalian Medal - Can't identify
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I think thats meant to be S.U.D'America. but no idea otherwise.

?

Just copied this answer from another person asking the same question on the interweb. It might help.

"Belongs to the huge series of medals minted by the many associations of Italian emigrants settled abroad (in this case Italians settled in South America). The text reads: the Italian workers in South America minted this medal in the first year of the new Italian Empire - 1936.
    These associations used to be very active particularly in the past, when the Italians were not so integrated in the new societies (nowadays it is different, their descendents no longer feel to be Italian).
    So this is not a war medal, but just a medal commemorating the foundation of the Italian Empire. And it is not, of course, WWII but it was minted in 1936 at the end of the Ethiopian campaign"

MAP
    ?

Quote by duska View Post
    Just copied this answer from another person asking the same question on the interweb. It might help.

"Belongs to the huge series of medals minted by the many associations of Italian emigrants settled abroad (in this case Italians settled in South America). The text reads: the Italian workers in South America minted this medal in the first year of the new Italian Empire - 1936.
    These associations used to be very active particularly in the past, when the Italians were not so integrated in the new societies (nowadays it is different, their descendents no longer feel to be Italian).
    So this is not a war medal, but just a medal commemorating the foundation of the Italian Empire. And it is not, of course, WWII but it was minted in 1936 at the end of the Ethiopian campaign"
    Excellent info! Thanks!

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)