Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Italian pith helmet

Article about: I bought this as a well known auction house for £20 some years back,nobody else bid on it as just advertised as sun hat,ive attached a 5th bersagliere badge and cockade,just a chin strap to

Default Italian pith helmet

I bought this as a well known auction house for £20 some years back,nobody else bid on it as just advertised as sun hat,ive attached a 5th bersagliere badge and cockade,just a chin strap to find and perhaps a piumetto might look nice.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Italian pith helmet   Italian pith helmet  

A good 2nd model m1928 Italian sun helmet, I have two the same. Most were found post war and were never issued. They were manufactured too late to see service in Africa but they did see use in Italy and were also issued to German units, of which the latter I have one.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

your collection spurred me on to get the badge for this one Jerry,youve got some nice pith helmets.

Thanks Wrecker.

I might have to part with some of them as I am running out of room and my other interests take priority these days and it would be a shame just to store them I think. Mind you the KM issued Italian example is one that I would find it hard to part with, though that goes for any item in my collection, but sometimes these things have to be done.
    Regards,

Jerry

Mmm,i got rid of a load of stuff in 1982 ish,i wish i hadnt,theres allways room for more stuff is my motto now.

Quote by wrecker View Post
    Mmm,i got rid of a load of stuff in 1982 ish,i wish i hadnt,theres allways room for more stuff is my motto now.
    Indeed and there are items I have parted with that I regret. My wife commented the other day how crowded my study was looking (where most of my collection is displayed) and said maybe I could put more shelves up in some of the other rooms and display some of it there instead.

Bless her, she is a star.
    Regards,

Jerry

My wifes understanding too thank god.Italian pith helmet

My study today, not including the items I already have in other rooms.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Italian pith helmet   Italian pith helmet  

Italian pith helmet  
    Regards,

Jerry

Your a lot more orderly than me....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Italian pith helmet  

I do try to keep it neat and tidy, makes it easier to find things, though some items such as badges are stuffed in boxes and drawers, out of sight so less of a need to keep them tidy.
    Regards,

Jerry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast