Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Italian ww2 officer pith helmet

Article about: Hi everyone. I'm glad to show you this pith helmet I have recently purchased. Privately purchased by an officer (from major to colonel) from a dealer of Port Said, Egypt. The pith helmet mou

Default Italian ww2 officer pith helmet

Hi everyone. I'm glad to show you this pith helmet I have recently purchased. Privately purchased by an officer (from major to colonel) from a dealer of Port Said, Egypt. The pith helmet mounts the correct insignia of the 7th Mountain Troops (Alpini) Regiment and has also original anti-sand glasses. Due to the fact that 7th Alpini Regiment is the Regiment where I have served during my military service, this pith helmet is one piece of the history of my Regiment, so I like it very much. Enjoy the pictures:Italian ww2 officer pith helmetItalian ww2 officer pith helmetItalian ww2 officer pith helmetItalian ww2 officer pith helmetItalian ww2 officer pith helmetItalian ww2 officer pith helmetItalian ww2 officer pith helmetItalian ww2 officer pith helmetItalian ww2 officer pith helmetItalian ww2 officer pith helmet

Nice item,
    it is a "Aden" pattern, a helmet model of British origin, widely used by Italian officers in the 30/40's
    Often these are private purchases from foreign suppliers, but they were also produced in Italy by the "Unione Militare" manufacturer.

Regards
    Roberto
    Last edited by OldSteel; 09-14-2016 at 07:00 PM. Reason: add info

from my records some names of officers of 7th.

Battisti Emilio Milano Milano 22 dicembre 1889 + Bologna 23 novembre 1971 colonnello

Pezzana Armando prov. Torino 1891 tenente colonnello

Fiorio Di S.Cassiano Alessandro nato a Riva di Trento 28 gennaio 1891 + Pordenone 3 gennaio 1961 maggiore

Landi Mina Alfredo nato Milano 10 maggio 1891 + Rho 17 novembre 1960 maggiore

Bollati Vittoro Emanuele nato prov. Torino maggiore

Reteuna Augusto nato prov. Vercelli tenente colonnello

Thanks very much Paolo. Very kind

?

Nice topi. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.