Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Kingdom of Italy Flag

Article about: I recently picked up this Kingdom of Italy from 1861-1945 flag for \\$80 after shipping off ebay. If my limited knowledge is correct, la corona sopra di scudetto (crown over shield) was most o

Default Re: Kingdom of Italy Flag

That is one cool flag, i love it.

Iid be interested to know how your going to display it, i have a ww1 german flag i want to display, i wanted to frame it but the framing place want to stitch it onto the backing board and im not too happy about it at all.

I think it's a genuine period piece - the material seems a lot finer
    or lighter than any of the fakes I've ever seen - and if it were
    newer, it would likely not fade with todays 'colour-fast'
    paints and dyes.........
    Regards,

Steve.

I sent some photos of my new flag to a respected Italian collector (in Italy) who has published multiple reference books.

He says:
    The flag is original, and very beautiful! It has the shield of Savoy, but the most
    important that this is surmounted by the crown, and identifies it as a
    Military flag used by the Italian Army. It 's very nice and original, and I congratulate you because it is not easy to find a flag with the crown.

Dating the flag is not easy because the same type of flag was used from the first to the second world war and the design and colors did not change.
    SCORE!

?

A fantastic find Joe , and a great piece of Italian military history ! Did you find it in the USA ?
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Quote by Alan M View Post
    A fantastic find Joe , and a great piece of Italian military history ! Did you find it in the USA ?
    Thanks, Alan!

Believe it or not, it came from Brooklyn, NY via ebay for ~$80! Judging by the seller's other items, he specializes in estate sales.

Congrats, Joe!

A lovely flag with some nice history! A real score with you being Italian!

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Great pick up and one on my wanted list for a long time, very nice.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thanks, Green and Jerry!

My strategy for finding this flag on ebay was to use very unspecific search criteria... "old crown flag" "old Italy flag". It still seems as if people find old items and figure they'll make a quick buck by tossing them up on ebay. Less than an hour worth of research would have helped the seller accurately list it... and in turn probably get A LOT more money for it.

I've received numerous offers for it so far... I feel so lucky to have this!

?

Can I have the dollar from your size reference pic? ...... kidding. ... great flag! I really want a German vehichle ID flag.

Quote by Newbie View Post
    Can I have the dollar from your size reference pic? ...... kidding. ... great flag! I really want a German vehichle ID flag.
    It is also a rare variant... very rarely seen on the collector's market... It'll cost you at least $2.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2