MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Looking for help to ID this

Article about: I am not sure if I have posted in the right section or not but it seemed to be the logical one for now. recently I was given this and being honest I do not know much about it. I have include

?

Default Looking for help to ID this

I am not sure if I have posted in the right section or not but it seemed to be the logical one for now.

recently I was given this and being honest I do not know much about it. I have included both front and back pictures. On the back it says (? spelling could be off ?)

Corva 6-5-1942 (Hustralia)

Gerolinondo (is written but spelling is unsure) Ballerini

Thanks in advance
    Rob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Looking for help to ID this   Looking for help to ID this  

Looking for help to ID this   Looking for help to ID this  

Default Re: Looking for help to ID this

Hi Rob, welcome to the forum!

I have not seen this design of badge before, but it obviously commemorates the Tripartate Pact between Germany, Italy and Japan as each countries emblems are shown.

I think one word actually says "Australia"?

Cheers, Ade.

?

Yes it could say Australia by all means... I have been looking for information on it for over a year now to no avail. It is rather unique from what I have been able to gather to date

?

Well its funny how things work and how much the net has brought the world closer together in so many ways.

What I took as an "H" you were in fact right it was an "A". From there things fell into place.

I can tell you that not only do I know where this came from but I even know who it came from. In fact I can tell you quite alot of this.

While I have alot more to learn this is a very suprising start.
    In the last picture, back row, 1st from the left is the soldier it once belonged too
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Looking for help to ID this   Looking for help to ID this  

Attached Images Attached Images Looking for help to ID this 

This is excelent! I am really pleased.

Cheers, Ade.

?

hi Rob , great in finding this paperwork how did you come across it ? So what looked like Corva on the badge was in fact , Cowra in Australia , where the pow camp was based . This makes a very nice grouping now . Could you show a photo of the full face of the badge please
    cheers Al

Looking at the name of the ship he was transported on appears to me as 'QM'. Could it be the 'Queen Mary'? Interesting thread and nice to see it resolved.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Thanks guys,

This is far from over as now I am trying to locate his travels before and after his capture. Perhaps even locate current relatives if possible.

Alan, there is a picture of it in the very first post in this thread, I am not sure if that is was you were refering to<?>

Big ned, yes it could very well have been he was transported on the Queen Mary, I will let you now as I find out more.

What I find to be almost the biggest thrill if you will of this is to actually have been able to put a Name and face to the original owner.

?

sorry Rob , i meant could you show an photo of the obverse of the actual badge and not the drawing , or has it been defaced ?
    cheers Al

?

Alan,
    The first picture is an actual picture of it. I had placed it on a yellow piece of paper when I took the picture. It measures 4 1/8" x 3 1/4" in size.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast