Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M33 Can you help me with this one?

Article about: Hi,everyone. I wanna help to know if this is a wartime helmet or something used in post-war. Sorry, but I'm a kind obssesive.

Default M33 Can you help me with this one?

Hi,everyone.

I wanna help to know if this is a wartime helmet or something used in post-war.

Sorry, but I'm a kind obssesive.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M33 Can you help me with this one?   M33 Can you help me with this one?  

This chinstrap...

Looks like Bulgarian M51

¬¬

Default Please, help me whit this one (to have money back)

I bought it ago and it looks like a Bulgarian M51 for me now, because of sheel's dark green color, liner color, chinstrap sewn instead of buttons and this vent holes...

Someone can tell me if I'm right, cause I'll try to do justice against seller. Many thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M33 Can you help me with this one?   M33 Can you help me with this one?  

MAP
    ?

A bit hard to form an opinion on the helmet with the quality of these pictures. IMHO M33's need really clear and detailed pictures given that so many were refurbished (or just partially refurbished) post war.

That said, I've never seen a chinstrap like that. It is not Italian IMHO. And the paint does not appear to be WWII.

Check out this thread...much discussion on a good M33.

Opinions on Italian M33

Plus see this link. You can google translate it into English but even in French you can get a lot of info

.: World War Helmets - Casque Modèle 933 :.

Regards,

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Quote by BlackMagician View Post
    I bought it ago and it looks like a Bulgarian M51 for me now, because of sheel's dark green color, liner color, chinstrap sewn instead of buttons and this vent holes...

Someone can tell me if I'm right, cause I'll try to do justice with against. Many thanks!
    Just replied to your other thread (and referenced this one LoL). I can't tell much from these pictures but in hand you can compare it to the link I gave you. IMHO, I think it is post war based on the chin strap and potentially the paint color. Can't see any markings as well. And I could be wrong, but something is bugging me about the liner but I can't put my finger on it.

Hope to be proven wrong.

Michael

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Michael, many thanks! I will do some new pics. This liner and chinstrap looks like the Bulgarian ones announcead on ebay. i'm trying to do justice against seller and I'm really interesting in know the true about this one.

MAP
    ?

No problem. I'm not an expert on these helmets. But know enough to answer the easier questions (as noted in the other thread). I would really compare it to the website I gave you if you have it in hand but it's not looking good to me. While not cheap, these are not too expensive either. I would wait till you find a "one looker".

I will say, I am not familiar with the Bulgarian variants. There are others here who might be able to provide more help.

Here i'm, with new photos.

M33 Can you help me with this one?   M33 Can you help me with this one?  

Totally different. It's a shame...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast