Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

M33 helmet, WW2 or post war?

Article about: Hey guys! What you think? I know chin strap is post war Annoyed from this ads?  

Default M33 helmet, WW2 or post war?

Hey guys! What you think? I know chin strap is post war
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M33 helmet, WW2 or post war?   M33 helmet, WW2 or post war?  

M33 helmet, WW2 or post war?   M33 helmet, WW2 or post war?  

MAP
    ?

Danny,

These are a minefield. Parts and pieces were mixed and matched until the 70's or 80's, and then there is the issue with paint color.

Even if the shell and liner are wartime, as the chinstrap is post war, I would consider this a post war referb. However it is still a nice lid.

Take a look at this recent thread. It should help a bit.

Opinions on Italian M33

this link also has links to other websites.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Danny,

These are a minefield. Parts and pieces were mixed and matched until the 70's or 80's, and then there is the issue with paint color.

Even if the shell and liner are wartime, as the chinstrap is post war, I would consider this a post war referb. However it is still a nice lid.

Take a look at this recent thread. It should help a bit.

Opinions on Italian M33

this link also has links to other websites.

Michael
    Great info and forum thanks! I bought this from ima usa. Says its ww2 but never know lol..

MAP
    ?

Quote by Dannyjunkfish View Post
    Great info and forum thanks! I bought this from ima usa. Says its ww2 but never know lol..
    I'm sure much of it is WWII. But not all (i.e the chin strap). All in all it's a good lid. Just not all WWII.

As I said, M33's are a mine field but study those links on the thread and it will give you a decent understanding of what to look for.

For a real example go to this site. 2/3rds of the way down is an M33. Ken N is a highly reputable dealer so I'm sure it is 100%.

Also, he is the author of one of the best general reference books on German helmets. He sells directly from his website (you have to email him). Not cheap at $75 but worth every penny 3x's over. There is also Kelly Hicks - SS Steel but this is hard to get and is only on SS and heavily on decals.

Regards,

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi Danny; for what I see rivets, paint and chinstrap are post war; the liner I would say 50/50, because that kind of liner has seen use either in late war and post war.
    The good new could be the shell, since the lot M 57 denotes a pre or early war production.
    So I would tend to believe that this is a post war (in my opinion around 70's) helmet, issued using an old shell (possibly a reworked one or a new-old stock) assembled with postwar parts and paint.

Thumbs up

Hi, this thread is discussion now... so I ask excuse and permission to verify an item with you!

This "M33" have no vent holes rivets, liner, chinstrap, no visible marking / Nº (supposedly repaint with a thick ink).

We have only (maybe) an original paint below the "thick dark green ink"... It was bought in Russia what increase the chances of beign a M72 (Or no?).

Capacete Utilizado Pelo Exército Italiano Na Ww2 - R$ 270,00 no MercadoLivre

Many thanks!

Blackmagician, that one is really hard! Anyway, it looks like it bears faint remnants of a stencil, in the style used by Italian Army. Look carefully at the rear inner rim: even if repainted, the production lot stamp usually is visible.
    Last edited by ziomanno; 03-05-2015 at 10:59 AM.

Postwar helmet. Postwar chinstrap and postwar rivets

Quote by ziomanno View Post
    Hi Danny; for what I see rivets, paint and chinstrap are post war; the liner I would say 50/50, because that kind of liner has seen use either in late war and post war.
    The good new could be the shell, since the lot M 57 denotes a pre or early war production.
    So I would tend to believe that this is a post war (in my opinion around 70's) helmet, issued using an old shell (possibly a reworked one or a new-old stock) assembled with postwar parts and paint.
    Thanks for the feedback!

- - ------- - -

Quote by stahlelm16 View Post
    Postwar helmet. Postwar chinstrap and postwar rivets
    Ok thanks!

Hi, Ziomanno!

He tell me it have Nº 89 in rear inner rim but apparently no letters.

Thanks

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast