Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MVSN Chained Dagger

Article about: Hi All, I recently aquired this M1937 MVSN leader dagger and wanted to share with you since there are very few on this forum or in the collecting world, this one looks the part of a been the

Default MVSN Chained Dagger

Hi All,
    I recently aquired this M1937 MVSN leader dagger and wanted to share with you since there are very few on this forum or in the collecting world, this one looks the part of a been there item, the brass chain and fittings sadly have lost all there gilt to time but the patina is very even, the scabbard shows wear and crazing, the blade is near mint as most of them are, overall it looks really good, I love the art deco style eagle and design and another interesting thing is the sharpened edge of the blade faces up when you hold it, makes me have to think twice before I put it back into the scabbard lol, I do have a few questions hopefully someone can clear some things up since there is no real heavy research and info out there for these unlike german daggers,

1. There are two styles of this one, with chain, and with leather hangers, what is the difference? I heard the chain is just a earlier version. I know the white/ivory grip plates are a high leader dagger like the one Hitler wore during his visit.

2. No maker marks, where or who designed this dagger and did the same company make them all?

Here are the photo's and some for reference as well
    Thank you for taking the time to look and comment!
    MVSN Chained DaggerMVSN Chained DaggerMVSN Chained DaggerMVSN Chained DaggerMVSN Chained DaggerMVSN Chained DaggerMVSN Chained DaggerMVSN Chained DaggerMVSN Chained DaggerMVSN Chained DaggerMVSN Chained DaggerMVSN Chained Dagger

nice one you don't see these often.

?

I like it friend.

?

Nice piece. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

That is a nice piece! I need to add some Italian pieces to the collection and an example like this would be a fine choice.

Well done!

Mark
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

MAP
    ?

sweet piece!

I remember years ago these were cheap. Thought of picking one up a short while ago and now they cost a fortune. Should have picked one up when I had the chance!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks guys, I like it alot and they are seldom seen, I believe this is the only one on here, so call me a groundbreaker lol.

Anyone out there collect these or have any detailed knowledge about the different versions or designer? I framed mine up and it looks pretty darn good I must say MVSN Chained Dagger

?

It looks good like that. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

The dagger model 37 are a variation of the dagger model 32 that it resembles a lot him. Among these two it changes only the system of hookup to the belt and the length of the blade, that in the model 37 are great. The version with the chains is of 1937 that with the leather strips you/he/she was introduced in the 1939. The daggers model 37 also differentiate him in the metallic wrappers, there is I am of it of 4 types, yours is with the gilded and smooth metallic wrappers. Besides this I confirm you that the version with the white guancettes is for the superior officers.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast