Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need second opinions on this M40 Generals Uniform

Article about: Ciao, che cosa? I have recently welcomed this Generals uniform into my collection. From what I know it is Brigadier General Aimo Giuseppe, former commander of the 10th Rgt. They are virtuall

?

Default Need second opinions on this M40 Generals Uniform

Ciao, che cosa? I have recently welcomed this Generals uniform into my collection. From what I know it is Brigadier General Aimo Giuseppe, former commander of the 10th Rgt. They are virtually never used although the Bustina has slight wearing. Pants are dated 1937 from when Aimo was still a Colonello (Colonel). Comparing them to similar uniforms I have, and it looks right. However something deep inside me wants a second opinion to make sure. I still have time to return it for a refund as well. Need second opinions on this M40 Generals UniformNeed second opinions on this M40 Generals UniformNeed second opinions on this M40 Generals UniformNeed second opinions on this M40 Generals UniformNeed second opinions on this M40 Generals UniformNeed second opinions on this M40 Generals UniformNeed second opinions on this M40 Generals UniformNeed second opinions on this M40 Generals UniformNeed second opinions on this M40 Generals UniformNeed second opinions on this M40 Generals UniformNeed second opinions on this M40 Generals UniformNeed second opinions on this M40 Generals UniformNeed second opinions on this M40 Generals UniformNeed second opinions on this M40 Generals UniformNeed second opinions on this M40 Generals UniformNeed second opinions on this M40 Generals UniformNeed second opinions on this M40 Generals Uniform

I like it. The embroidery on the war merit cross is very unique. Can you show the Eagle on the bustina? Are there any Labels inside the jacket?

?

Sorry for the late response, and thank you! Here is the Bustina's Eagle. Comparing both of my grandfathers General's (And marshal's) uniforms. They seem absolutely identical in texture, quality, and stitching. Also attached is a photo of the inside of the jacket. No markings as a majority of General's and Marshal's had their jackets privately tailored. Usually in preference to either the larger version of the rank patch on the wrist. This one of course having the smaller one. The embroidery is very unique indeed, and I don't think I've ever seen it done before. Maybe I have I've seen too many uniforms it all starts to blur together. Typically it comes with a pin but something special for a very high ranking officer during that period isn't untold of.

Need second opinions on this M40 Generals UniformNeed second opinions on this M40 Generals UniformNeed second opinions on this M40 Generals Uniform

I like it too, but I'm no expert on these that's for sure, I only have a well worn Feb '39, Divisione 62 Marmarica LT jacket to compare with.