Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Opinions on Italian M33

Article about: Hello, Annoyed from this ads?   What are your views on this helmet? Do you feel it is a period WWII example. The shell is stamped BB 38 and the liner has a hallmark. There are no marks

?

Quote by Steelhead10 View Post
    I think ive read somewhere that metal liner eyelets are post war?
    Hi Guys,
    Thank you and I have been told and shown that metal eyelets were also used during the war. So I am still asking some of the Italian helmet guys.

Jody

I remember reading somewhere that post war liners had no ink stamps, i don't know if this is correct though!..

MAP
    ?

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    I remember reading somewhere that post war liners had no ink stamps, i don't know if this is correct though!..
    Yes, I think post war liners did not have the RT (Royal) ink stamps, but if the old liner was still in good shape, I don't think they replaced it, thus "post war" lids could be a mix bag of parts.

Jody- there is another website out there that provides a good overview to help I'd*a war time lid. Unfortunately, I'm not at home for the next few days so can't try to dig it up.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

In fact metal liner eyelets were used during WW2, look at my M33 it's a B 233 (Bassano di Grapa) with mediterranean color painting.
    Cheers, aghs
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions on Italian M33   Opinions on Italian M33  

Opinions on Italian M33   Opinions on Italian M33  

Opinions on Italian M33   Opinions on Italian M33  

?

Jody,
    Like we discussed, if the paint is good I think everything else is good.

Website
    .: World War Helmets - Casque Modèle 933 :.
    Regards,
    John

MAP
    ?

Quote by relicz View Post
    Jody,
    Like we discussed, if the paint is good I think everything else is good.

Website
    .: World War Helmets - Casque Modèle 933 :.
    Yup! That's the site I was talking about. There is a Google Translate version that I saw!

Thanks for posting it John.

Michael

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Smile M33

Hello,
    These are the best pictures I can get of the paint.

Jody
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions on Italian M33   Opinions on Italian M33  

Last edited by Jody; 01-14-2015 at 03:51 AM.

MAP
    ?

Jody,

Check out this site to help you ID your M33. Been told they are very reputable (as well as the Collectors Guild from where you bought yours).

ITALIANWARFRONT: ITALIAN WW2

There are three really nice examples that you can compare yours to. Difficult to determine exact paint color on yours due to variations in lighting/photography but I think yours is good. Very close to the first example shown and maybe similar to the Marine version at bottom. But you can compare yours in hand to these.

and LoL - The Regia Marina Italiana example show is an EXACT match for mine right down to the condition, paint, size, decal and strap! They are exact twins! Glad I was trying to dig some info up for you otherwise I wouldn't have seen it....so thanks! Just wish I knew what they sold it for!!

Another note: Here is an old link to three helmets I owned. The first with the stencil (also in post #12) is a WWII lid. Unfortunately the stencil turned out to be postwar. I returned it and swapped it for the above noted Regia Marina (sorry I don't have pictures of it but as noted it's the twin of the one on the website.)

Would love some help with Italian M33 helmets

Hope this helps!

Michael
    Last edited by MAP; 01-15-2015 at 03:04 PM.

It's odd, but I've always wondered if the Italian military used poor steel in their helmets, as I've seen and owned more cracked Italian helmets than any other nationality-and they weren't all from battle damage.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

MAP
    ?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    It's odd, but I've always wondered if the Italian military used poor steel in their helmets, as I've seen and owned more cracked Italian helmets than any other nationality-and they weren't all from battle damage.
    Agree. And they rust like crazy to!

Michael

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast