Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

P.N.F. button badges

Article about: Hello to all, today I start this work but over time will add many more examples of my collection, I decided to start from a selection of badge button P.N.F. member (National Fascist Party);

?

Like the "unknown" one. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Quote by RMD View Post
    OldSteel... Man, this is an absolutely amazing, beautiful collection! There are some badges in there I have never seen.

I just started my collection, my first purchase, with an NSDAP party pin. There are a few other things that I want to acquire in relation, and as soon as this is complete, I plan on turning my attentions to the types of collectables that you have gathered together here.

My grandfather fought within the Italian SS. My father died when I was very young, and my grandfather took me under his wing and taught me to be an honorable man. In N.Y. I would watch him break up fights between people, help the homeless, take care of stray animals. My grandfather was a great man. I would spend hours looking at all of his pins, flags and banners, listening to him talk about battles, and friends lost. Anyway, when he passed, I was living in L.A, and my uncle took all of my grandfathers memories to some pawn shop, or some place, and let it all slip away for a few bucks. Luckily, I did end up with a few things to remember him by. A belt buckle, a few unused stamps, and a shoulder eagle.

Anyway, thanks' for posting your collection, and the valuable information! Can't wait to begin building my own. Amazing stuff

Take care.
    Hi RMD,
    I thank you and the other friends of the Forum for appreciating this thread; I'm also glad I reminded you of your Grandfather; I understand for you it was a very special person.
    I wish you a good search for your collection.

Regards
    Roberto

RMD
    ?

Thanks' OldSteel, appreciate that

... Find myself going through your thread once again today. Amazing stuff.

And also, good luck to you on all future collecting

?

Just revisiting this thread, as it sparked an interest in me to dabble in Italian lapel badges, as well. My father's side of the family all hail from Italy. I am also stunned by the sheer volume of lapel badges for everything from party membership to sports affiliations...lots of color and patterns to pursue.

That said, I am curious if there is a good reference out there to help ID all the lapel badges of the era? This thread is great, but I am learning it is just the tip of the iceberg concerning the variety out there. Any recommended references would be much appreciated

Quote by Brig View Post
    Just revisiting this thread, as it sparked an interest in me to dabble in Italian lapel badges, as well. My father's side of the family all hail from Italy. I am also stunned by the sheer volume of lapel badges for everything from party membership to sports affiliations...lots of color and patterns to pursue.

That said, I am curious if there is a good reference out there to help ID all the lapel badges of the era? This thread is great, but I am learning it is just the tip of the iceberg concerning the variety out there. Any recommended references would be much appreciated
    Hi Brig,
    indeed the range of the fascist organizations' badges is very extensive, in terms of patterns and variations made by the various makers.
    To answer your question, I can suggest this book, a good realization by an expert on the subject:
    Libro Da piazza San Sepolcro a piazza San Babila. 140 distintivi che hanno segnato l'epopea del Fascismo - A. Raspagni - Nonsolostoria | LaFeltrinelli
    The only problem is that it is written in Italian and must be translated.

I also leave you this simple, but interesting link, which I found some time ago:
    http://www.gams-dlfud.it/ARTICOLI/Le...20fascismo.pdf

I hope I was helpful and a good collection!

Regards
    Roberto

?

Thanks for the links...I spent the weekend compiling images of as many badges as I could find...at over 125 and counting!

What do you think of this one? I assume it was for the PFR 1943-45, however by the quality I think it may be fake...or maybe even fantasy?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture P.N.F. button badges  

Hi Brig,
    the design of this badge is not fantasy, here you can see a similar example of the RSI period:
    Distintivo Partito fascista repubblicano - ITALIA - Medaglie, Decorazioni, Distintivi
    the original is definitely rare, your example is particularly new and inaccurate in detail, I think it would be a modern reproduction, even if it is not possible to give a definitive opinion from the photo and without looking at the back.

Regards

?

I do not own the badge. I have a pic of the rear I will post tonight, it is unmarked, but I agree the enamel work is very sloppy, especially the white.

I am growing addicted to these little badges. Small, affordable, and plenty of variety. I've already bought 4 different ones to start a collection

?

rear image...
    Attached Images Attached Images P.N.F. button badges 

Unfortunately in the rear side there are no markings or indications that can help us, I remain of the opinion that it can be a modern copy, for example in the assortment of this site that sells reproductions, you can find an example of the PFR pin.

----- Arte della medaglia ------

Regards

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast