Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Picked up this at my local Rubbish Dump

Article about: Picked up this today at my local rubbish dump

Item came in with items from Captain Wakeford I will post some of the other items tomorrow , On 13 May 1944 near Cassino, Italy, Captain Wakeford, accompanied by his orderly and armed only with a revolver, went forward and killed a number of men from the German 1st Parachute Division and took 20 prisoners. When attacking a hill feature the following day his company came under heavy fire, although wounded in the face and both arms, Captain Wakeford pressed home the attack. He was wounded again, but reached the objective and consolidated the position

I would say that base a judgment only on the metal subject its wrong.
    How can you say this plaque were made only in bronze ?
    Indeed the aluminum were issued to plane and other things, but for example, all the mess kits along with their accessories such as cutlery etc.etc. were produced in aluminum till the end of war!

About the plate in question, I would like to see it better, on the front sight there are few small dots of fusion, so will be great to see a better close-up photo!

Cheers.

Quote by MementoMori View Post
    How can you say this plaque were made only in bronze ?
    I have the "circolare 208/1936" (instruction n. 298 of the year 1936) that establishes the rules for these plaques, both the ones in bronze and the ones in paper. Aluminim plaques are not expected.
    Plaques in bronze were 136 mm wide for trucks and tanks and were 90 mm for motorcycles
    Paper sheets for car were 75 mm.

Quote by kanister View Post
    I have the "circolare 208/1936" (instruction n. 298 of the year 1936) that establishes the rules for these plaques, both the ones in bronze and the ones in paper. Aluminim plaques are not expected.
    Plaques in bronze were 136 mm wide for trucks and tanks and were 90 mm for motorcycles
    Paper sheets for car were 75 mm.
    Maybe before the 936 they were made in aluminiun too?
    Just curious about it, i presume those plaques were made even before or not?
    Good to see the circolare btw!

They started on 1936, before that year there was no plaques, neither bronze or paper or aluminium.

Your document is not proof of anything - there are aluminum ones - plenty of them for years and from reliable sources. Look at your so called factual document - IT'S NOT EVEN THE SAME DESIGN!

If you like your plaque we all like your plaque, but it's always a fake. Some year ago a friend of mine made some alluminium plaque for his vehicles and when realized that there was demand started to sell them.
    The paper sheet is different from the bronze plaque, sorry you can read Italian.

Get a life and move on , has it given you so many sleepless nights since you last posted 22-06-18 ? Have seen more plaques the same since i first posted this item in big collections so maybe everyone likes collecting these Fake plaques ? I sold my Plaque sometime ago to a big Collector in Italy

I am glad for my friend: more aluminium plaques in circulation = more money for my friend that produced them.

Keep it Civil Gents

I would like to add to this thread and I know absolutely nothing about these Grille attachments so I will not comment on the plaque itself.

Question: I am quite sure there were more than one producer of these plaques as new information continues to surface daily on obscure items and those who produced them. I see this with German daggers and swords and noticeably by the producer their unique production craft identifiable by those who study details.
    Would not this Italian Plaque be of the same nature having that slight producer nuance that sets it apart from other examples?
    Just my thoughts.

I know everything is faked these days and I take that into consideration also..but the possibility does exist that this also may be a producer variant.

What are the value of these grille plaques ? ..is it lucrative for someone to make these in their garage?

Interesting item

Happy New Year and Regards
    Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast