MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Real or fake Italian SS uniform? (North Africa Tropical)

Article about: Hi there, I must be forward and say that I have zero experience about this area of collecting, so I wanted to look for those who did, in your opinion, is this a genuine piece or a fake? Than

If the jacket was good, why bother putting Repro insignia on it? Wouldn't make sense.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    If the jacket was good, why bother putting Repro insignia on it? Wouldn't make sense.
    For the same reason that fake SS insignia are commonly applied to genuine Wehrmacht uniforms: A seller can ask much more money for an "SS" uniform...

Real Italian SS items are rather rare and widely faked.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    from the style of the jacket its the same as the German SS tropical ones.
    That's because the second-model SS tropical uniform was pretty much copied from the Italian Sahariana.

This has been on ebay for 2+ years. The seller is not to happy about answering questions, as i remember messaging him once for more information and was told to "read the description"
    Morris

Could the model of this uniform possibly be a regular, non SS Italian Sahariana? I looked into regular Italian forces and their Saharianas seem different than this one, ie the collar closes, this seems to be the second model german 1943 one, I could be wrong but this uniform doesn't seem right for the Italian army, in any capacity, feel free to share any thoughts you might have

If anyone had any more insights, feel free to share!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2