Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Regia Aeronautica Italiana Side Cap?

Article about: Hi guys, This is for sale at a local shop. Is this what they say it is? I know next to nothing about Italian WWII militaria, and any info would help. Thanks, Mo

Default Regia Aeronautica Italiana Side Cap?

Hi guys,

This is for sale at a local shop. Is this what they say it is? I know next to nothing about Italian WWII militaria, and any info would help.

Thanks,
    Mo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Regia Aeronautica Italiana Side Cap?   Regia Aeronautica Italiana Side Cap?  

Regia Aeronautica Italiana Side Cap?  

Default Re: Regia Aeronautica Italiana Side Cap?

I just did some research on the tag, and it turns out that this cap is definitely post-1946. Does anyone know which era this cap was used?

I think it look's OK Mo,design and cap badge tick the boxes but best wait for others.
    All the best mate
    Dave

Could the 57 be a date of manufacture?I was thinking size but if it's post war it may be a year.I went off a period image and the design is similar if not the same as the WW2 issue I think.
    Cheers
    Dave

Quote by Thanatos View Post
    Could the 57 be a date of manufacture?I was thinking size but if it's post war it may be a year.I went off a period image and the design is similar if not the same as the WW2 issue I think.
    Cheers
    Dave
    57 is actually the size.

The reason that it is not WWII is because the top of the tag is marked 'Aeronautica Militare Italiana', which is the official name of the Italian Air Force from 1946-on. Before that it was 'Regia Aeronautica Italiana'.

Right you are Mo

?

It also has a "tower" crown. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.