Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Regio Esercito peaked cap Mod. 1926

Article about: Hello everyone, I share with you the latest addition to my collection of Italian Army uniforms, it is a M1926 Peaked Cap of Italian Royal Army. It is quite rare to find in good condition, ev

Default Regio Esercito peaked cap Mod. 1926

Hello everyone,
    I share with you the latest addition to my collection of Italian Army uniforms, it is a M1926 Peaked Cap of Italian Royal Army.
    It is quite rare to find in good condition, even in Italy, because this model was only used for a few years from 1926 to 1934.
    This example belonged to a Infantry Captain and the cross in middle to badge, instead of the regimental number indicates that it was an Officer "outside corps", ie not part of a regiment but seconded to other duties: military schools, military offices, etc..
    The producer is "Unione Militare", a major manufacturer of uniforms and military accessories.

Cheers
    Roberto

Regio Esercito peaked cap Mod. 1926Regio Esercito peaked cap Mod. 1926Regio Esercito peaked cap Mod. 1926Regio Esercito peaked cap Mod. 1926Regio Esercito peaked cap Mod. 1926Regio Esercito peaked cap Mod. 1926Regio Esercito peaked cap Mod. 1926Regio Esercito peaked cap Mod. 1926Regio Esercito peaked cap Mod. 1926

in great condition too.

?

Great looking cap Roberto
    I'm loving the bullion emblem on it!!!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Great cap, its always a pleasure to see Italian kit on the forum. Seems pretty rare!!

MAP
    ?

Fantastic.

And thanks for the info on the "+". I have a Pith helmet with one of these. Was told it was for training but I've read other articles that gave differing information. Especially about the color of the "+".

WWII Italian Pith Helmet. Does anyone know what the + stands for?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Thanks for posting. Rare cap as you have stated buddy.

Quote by MAP View Post
    Fantastic.

And thanks for the info on the "+". I have a Pith helmet with one of these. Was told it was for training but I've read other articles that gave differing information. Especially about the color of the "+".

WWII Italian Pith Helmet. Does anyone know what the + stands for?
    Hi Michael,
    thanks for your positive comment, regarding the "+" in Italian cap badge I can tell you that indeed there are to the differences, in some cases the cross means a "out corps", while in other cases it has different meanings.
    Your colonial M28 has a badge of "Genio di Corpo d' Armata" (Army Units Engineers) and as on my example is "out corps"; while in other situations the cross is a normal parts of the badge, for example some that come to mind:
    Medical/Health/Pharmacists Officers: Red cross
    Veterinary Officers: Blue cross
    Commissariato Militare (Administration/Logistics) Officers: Red cross
    Chemical Unit Officers: Black cross
    Assault Tank Officers: Black cross
    If it can help you to leave a link where the topic is discussed in some detail.
    http://miles.forumcommunity.net/?t=10823436

I hope I explained myself with my bad English

Cheers
    Roberto

?

That was a very nice and good looking hat. It will look great in your museum