Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Transitional M38 Carcano Fixed-Folding Bayonet?

Article about: Hello Folks - Annoyed from this ads?   Ran across this variation of the 1938 Carcano Bayonet. My understanding is that there were quite a few variations of the '38. I had not seen this

Default Transitional M38 Carcano Fixed-Folding Bayonet?

Hello Folks -

Ran across this variation of the 1938 Carcano Bayonet. My understanding is that there were quite a few variations of the '38. I had not seen this type before, but it appears to be an early (transitional) variation using the folding model, "fixed" using two crossbolts to secure the blade.

Am I correct in this evaluation?

Thanks for your help and Best Regards!
    - Mike
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Transitional M38 Carcano Fixed-Folding Bayonet?   Transitional M38 Carcano Fixed-Folding Bayonet?  

Transitional M38 Carcano Fixed-Folding Bayonet?   Transitional M38 Carcano Fixed-Folding Bayonet?  

?

Hi Mike , a nice scarce bayonet ! There weren't many variations of the 1891/38 Carcano bayonet , the early folding blade and the fixed blade versions . Due to the design of the folding blades being deemed not fit for purpose , production was stopped on these in favour of the fixed bladed version . Many of the original folding types and existing stock materials were adapted to be "fixed " and the one you show looks to be one of these transitional's .
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Thank you Al!

These are out a bit of my collecting area, but I couldn't resist. I love the "transitional" or ersatz" items that reflect the hardships encountered during the period.

Best regards!
    - Mike

PS - Love your "Puppy!" Mine's a real treat also....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Transitional M38 Carcano Fixed-Folding Bayonet?  

And' one the bayonet for rifle Carcano I model 91/38 (short).
    This in the photo is the second model and it is flexible, equal to the first model however that had the release with a lever and not to pulsating as this. I/you/they have been made 4 models of it for the rifle 91. Then you/he/she has been made a very similar model for the machine gun MAB. In order of rarity this is the 3° classified.