Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

What is this Italian medal?

Article about: Hi Chaps, I picked up this the other day. Can't find any reference to it. It's about 3cms across. Any ideas? Thanks in advance, Richard.

Default What is this Italian medal?

Hi Chaps, I picked up this the other day. Can't find any reference to it. It's about 3cms across. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Richard.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What is this Italian medal?   What is this Italian medal?  

MAP
    ?

Well it translate to "the Fascist federation of the Reich" and "the volunteers for eastern Africa"

That would be the Ethiopian campaign. Although I have not found one that looks like this.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Not much info but here is an ebay sale

medaglia federazione fascista dell'urbe ai volontari AOI | eBay

Selling price of $70.00
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

DUJAILAH.....the name Federazione Fascista dell' Urbe literally refers to ROMA and the surrounding urban area (URBE), but during the fascist era it also evoked the glory of ancient ROMA.

The origins go back to the March on Rome 28 October 1922 which resulted in the appointment by the King of Mussolini as Prime Minister 29 October 1922. However, as an organization it was involved in sports, charities, women's groups, and the Opera Nazionale Balilla which was analogous to Hitler Youth. Its propaganda posters typically started with Notizie da Roma....notices or the latest news from Rome....Ve le manda la Federazione Fascista dell'Urbe.....sent to you by this VERY Roman fascist organization.

When Mussolini consolidated his power in later so-called elections, he moved into the Palazzo Braschi in Rome, the former headquarters of the Federazione Fascista dell'Urbe.

Consequently, this medal was propaganda to those who volunteered for what was taking place in Abyssinia.

Many thanks stakeside, that's brilliant info, much appreciated

Supporters medal for the East Africa campaign, the Italians made various support group medals like this. 70 would be on the high side for one of these medals I would think.

Morris