Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

3 New SA Buckles

Article about: Hi, all. I just received these three much anticipated buckles today and wanted to share my own photos I just took. I wish I had more time right now to share what I like about each one. For n

Default Re: 3 New SA Buckles

Hello, guys. In my haste taking these photos I completely missed the marking. This is the only marking I've found on the buckle and the best photo I could get as I don't currently have my usual camera.

A nice added bonus to this buckle, which was my favorite before and after my original posting. Further thoughts on it?

Best,
    Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 3 New SA Buckles  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 3 New SA Buckles
    P
    Many

Trying a couple more photos with this lower quality camera and in different lighting...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 3 New SA Buckles   3 New SA Buckles  

Raphael

Die konkave auf der Rückseite der Box stark darauf hin, Overhoff

The concave to the back of the box strongly suggests, Overhoff

Ich glaube, das Original von Overhoff wurde Koppelschloss und vielleicht durch PuC verteilt. Ist das möglich ?

Manufactured by Overhoff although perhaps distributed by PuC. Is that possible ?

Regards,

David

I think thats sounds very plausible David, how early are we talking with this buckle?
    Ben

BTW Raphael, sie haben sehr gut augen lol

BTW Raphael, you have very good eyes!
    Ben

?

This thread turned out to be very interesting!

I like the PuC mark on Adam's buckle and this particular marking is also new to me.

David, I don't think that Overhoff is the manufacturer of this buckle. I have exactly the same SA buckle as Adam in my collection (no mm) and compared it to a PuC marked DJ. The commonalities are remarkable. Epspecially the silhouttes of the fold over parts are very similar. So why not a Paulmann u. Crone production even though it has a "dimple back"?

Raphael, ich habe auch so ein unmarkiertes SA-Schloss in meiner Sammlung. Ich habe es mal mit einem PuC markierten DJ-Schloss verglichen und sehr viele Übereinstimmungen festgestellt. Also, warum soll das gezeigte SA-Schloss eine Overhoff-Produktion sein? Ich selber glaube es nicht.

Regards,
    Guido

It is clear that I owe the Forum an unreserved apology for unintentionally providing misleading information within the latter part of this thread.

What both Raphael and Guido have suggested is I think quite correct and my suggestion that Adam's PuC SA could have been made by Overhoff, is absolute nonsense.

I have had a look through my dimple back buckles which are marked O & C ges. gesch. and they do have a very distinct "half moon" catch. Quite unlike the one displayed on Adam's SA.

So, a first for me and for someone who is supposed to know a little about SA buckles. A dimple backed SA where there is clear evidence that it was made by PuC. A remarkable buckle.

Again, my apologies for suggesting otherwise.

Regards,

David

p.s.
    Guido, could you possibly do the "honours" and provide a German translation for the benefit of Raphael ?

Quote by Guido View Post
    This thread turned out to be very interesting!
    Raphael, ich habe auch so ein unmarkiertes SA-Schloss in meiner Sammlung. Ich habe es mal mit einem PuC markierten DJ-Schloss verglichen und sehr viele Übereinstimmungen festgestellt. Also, warum soll das gezeigte SA-Schloss eine Overhoff-Produktion sein? Ich selber glaube es nicht.
    Regards,
    Guido

Hallo Zusammen,

@Guido...wenn Du das Thema verfolgst wirst Du merken das ich auf P u.C hingewiesen habe.

Und das der Kasten zu PuC gehört ist mir nicht neu...
    Schau mal... sammlerstammtisch | Ihnen wird der Zutritt zu dieser Seite verwehrt.

@ David ...also der Kasten nicht die Auflage...Thank you, I could translate it!

Regards,

David

?

David, there is absolutely no need for your apologies.
    This is a new discovery for us (apart from Raphael) and these moments keep our hobby alive!
    I think it is not neccesary to translate your statement for Raphael, as he wrote that he had already translated it. Otherwise no problem at all!

Quote by Musketier View Post
    Und das der Kasten zu PuC gehört ist mir nicht neu...
    Raphael, ich wußte schon immer, dass Du ein Fuchs bist!

Regards,
    Guido

Hi, all. Many thanks for all the replies and comments...I'm grateful for the help. Very happy with this exciting new buckle and that I could share it with you.

Hallo, alle. Vielen Dank für alle Antworten und Kommentare ... Ich bin dankbar für die Hilfe. Sehr zufrieden mit diesem aufregenden neuen koppelschloss und dass ich es mit Ihnen teilen.

Best,
    Adam

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2