Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Another SA added to collection

Article about: Hey gang....I enjoy SA buckles because there are so many variants out there. I was able to acquire another that I did not have yet (different looking eagle). It's unreal how many different t

Default Another SA added to collection

Hey gang....I enjoy SA buckles because there are so many variants out there. I was able to acquire another that I did not have yet (different looking eagle). It's unreal how many different types of SA buckles there are. I think that goes to show just how many makers of SA buckles were out there (big and small) before the RZM started issuing licenses.

Anyhoot....I like the high eagle on this one. I'm sure I have seen this type before - but I didn't have one until now. I have no idea who the maker could be.

Cheers!

Rob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Another SA added to collection   Another SA added to collection  

Another SA added to collection   Another SA added to collection  

Attached Images Attached Images Another SA added to collection 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Another SA added to collection
    P
    Many

Default Re: Another SA added to collection

Hey Rob, congrat's on the new buckle. It's a great find! Your collection keeps growing and growing. I'm very impressed with all the types and makers you have aquired.

rgds, Ty

Thanks Ty! It's a lot of fun for sure! Glad you like it!

Rob

Hal
    ?

Hi Rob, nice buckle and very nice collection. I think I have a similar make,single stamped buckle, I will show pic if I can find it. Best, Hal

Nice buckle Rob, is it nickel?
    Ben

Wow nice collection I haven't even started on buckles yet, can you tell me did the NSSK have any special design of buckle.

JK

Nice collection Rob, are any of the SA's marked or a modification over a DJ or DT buckle?

Regards,--dj--Joe

Quote by Hal View Post
    Hi Rob, nice buckle and very nice collection. I think I have a similar make,single stamped buckle, I will show pic if I can find it. Best, Hal
    Thanks Hal! I'd love to see it!

Hey Ben! Thanks buddy! Glad you like it .... The buckle is made of brass. I often consider giving these a "shine"...but I hold back as I like the 60-70 year old patina and dullness...
    Rob

Quote by citizen View Post
    Wow nice collection I haven't even started on buckles yet, can you tell me did the NSSK have any special design of buckle.

JK
    Hi JK! Glad you like it!! I assume you meant to say NSKK? There is quite a bit of controversy over this issue. Some collectors believe that the NSKK had the same type buckle as the SA but that was silver and not gold (brass). Other collectors believe that both the SA and NSKK had the same buckle and the colour of the buckle was decided upon what colour buttons were on the tunics.
    I really can't decide for myself. For now, I continue to call these silver SA's NSKK buckles - but do appreciate that this idea is under review!
    Here's a pic of the silver buckles I was talking about.....
    Hope that helps!
    Cheers!
    Rob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Another SA added to collection   Another SA added to collection  

Quote by derjager View Post
    Nice collection Rob, are any of the SA's marked or a modification over a DJ or DT buckle?

Regards,--dj--Joe
    Hi Joe.....what do you mean by DT? As for DJ buckles - the only DJ buckles that were modified - were modified into HJ buckles. I have seen a few of these but have yet to pull the trigger and acquire one.

As far as markings go - most SA's are unmarked. That raises the price somewhat for the marked examples. I have a couple that are marked. Here are the markings from my Linden/Funk and Overhoff examples.

CHeers!

Rob
    Attached Images Attached Images Another SA added to collection  Another SA added to collection  Another SA added to collection 

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast