Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Belt and buckle Early SA? - from Lot just bought

Article about: Here is an excellent belt and buckle that were in the lot that I got today. Is it a SA/NSKK two piece? Brass and nickel? Hope you enjoy. I will be posting additional items. Nick

Default Belt and buckle Early SA? - from Lot just bought

Here is an excellent belt and buckle that were in the lot that I got today. Is it a SA/NSKK two piece? Brass and nickel? Hope you enjoy. I will be posting additional items.

Nick

Attachment 1172854Attachment 1172855Belt and buckle Early SA? - from Lot just boughtBelt and buckle Early SA? - from Lot just boughtBelt and buckle Early SA? - from Lot just bought
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Belt and buckle Early SA? - from Lot just bought   Belt and buckle Early SA? - from Lot just bought  

Last edited by nbushyager; 03-04-2018 at 01:39 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Belt and buckle Early SA? - from Lot just bought
    P
    Many

Quote by nbushyager View Post
    ...Here is an excellent belt and buckle...
    Not quite, however and of course, any assessment is highly subjective.

The SA buckle is fine, albeit slightly "distressed" by the indentations to the roundel face and by the way, a well known and well documented design. No problems in this respect and despite the alarmingly excessive solder spots.

The leather strap and in my opinion should be swiftly despatched to the rubbish bin as it is and in my opinion, non simpatico with the buckle. To myself at least, it looks like a butchered Wehrmacht ? strap. I suppose that the catch may have a token value.

My suggestion is keep the buckle and throw away the strap.

Regards and best wishes,

David

Thank you for your assessment and input David. I guess that I meant the buckle has a pop factor when seen in hand. All valid points on the belt and I will look into this further.

Does the sodering concern you or it seems like an ambitious guy was working in the factory that day?

Nick

I am with David there, original buckle with excessive solder never seen that much before to be honest. The belt has been repaired shortened and whatever else, again a Heer combat belt
    Ben

I thought that something is wrong with the buckle because that strange overdone soldering.
    Belt is quite obviously shortened and ruined.

Best regards,
    Franko

Hello,

IMO buckle sometime put together .

Roundel looks like the typical known design and box also.

The solder points strengthen my view .

Also the belt looks tinkeret but can made in time and does not fit with a SA buckle .
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

Thanks for everyone's comments concerning the belt. Yes, seems like we are certain that the belt is incorrect and damaged.

I agree that the solder looks heavy, but wasn't this done by hand? It sounds like we have gone from the buckle has heavy soldering to it's a put together piece that maybe fake? I will defer to the experts, but seems like a reasonable variation to me.

Here are a few currently on Collectors Guild. I'm thinking this just shows variation in amount applied. Maybe Heavy Handed Fritz was working on soldering that day. Haha
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Belt and buckle Early SA? - from Lot just bought  
    Attached Images Attached Images Belt and buckle Early SA? - from Lot just bought  Belt and buckle Early SA? - from Lot just bought  Belt and buckle Early SA? - from Lot just bought 
    Last edited by nbushyager; 03-08-2018 at 01:24 AM.

Quote by nbushyager View Post
    '...I agree that the solder looks heavy, but wasn't this done by hand? It sounds like we have gone from the buckle has heavy soldering to it's a put together piece that maybe fake? I will defer to the experts, but seems like a reasonable variation to me...'
    In my opinion, the subject SA buckle is period and original.

Regards and best wishes,

David