Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is this a named SA Belt & Buckle?

Article about: Hi! I picked this up a couple days ago from a gentleman who thought it was an HJ belt. Its much to large to be an HJ belt so I'm curious if this is actually SA? From the markings (Herstellun

?

Default Is this a named SA Belt & Buckle?

Hi! I picked this up a couple days ago from a gentleman who thought it was an HJ belt. Its much to large to be an HJ belt so I'm curious if this is actually SA? From the markings (Herstellungs-Nr. 371 Kernstrück) I think this may be SA.

Also, can anyone offer their opinions on the writing inside the belt? It looks like either a dedication, or maybe a name, rank and date?

Thanks!
    Dzyner
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this a named SA Belt & Buckle?   Is this a named SA Belt & Buckle?  

Is this a named SA Belt & Buckle?   Is this a named SA Belt & Buckle?  

Is this a named SA Belt & Buckle?   Is this a named SA Belt & Buckle?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this a named SA Belt & Buckle?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Is this a named SA Belt & Buckle?

Dzyner

It is certainly possible.

A super "Zwei Dorn" with the frame marking of RZM 17 representing F. W. Assmann und Söhne, Lüdenscheid.

Herstellungs Nr. 371 refers to the leather manufacturers code number and Kernstück is reference to the high quality leather.

These open frame buckles and straps were worn by many NS organisations and for the one shown, any which had a rank and unit system, hand inscribed as shown.

Regards,

David

?

Hi David. Thanks for the feedback. So the inscription doesn't give you any indication of the rank or service? My German service knowledge is novice at best, but doesn't "sturmfuhrer" suggest SA? Does anything about this rule out HJ?

Dzyner

I do not understand the hand written inscription, however there is reference to the rank Sturmfuhrer which is I think the initial "leaders" rank (Lieutenant). If I had to make a guess, I would say that this strap was SA and worn by someone of junior leaders rank. There is by the inscription a twin numbered reference and which fits in quite well with an SA Company/Regiment. I think that the SA regiments were formed in the mid 1930's and if you could work out which regiment is described here, there is a good chance that you will find that they wore "white" buttons to their tunics.

Regards,

David

ian
    ?

i think it says something allong the lines of "my loverly comradse" cant read the next word then a name "erhard krauss , could be wrong cos my german is not that good but thats what it looks like to me ,cheers ian
    that word is "gustle" ive no idea about that
    Last edited by ian; 03-21-2010 at 06:08 PM.

Hi Ian, I think you will find that is a person's name too.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Ian, I think you will find that is a person's name too.

Cheers, Ade.
    Yes, looks to me like as if its: My dear Comrade Gustl. Erhand Kraus. Assault Leader (Sturmführer) March 1932

I believe this was written by the Sturmführer which is likely to be an SA guy, possibly a gift to someone who was or was not!?

That would be my take on it too Dan. Though I would say "Dear" instead of "Lovely".

Cheers, Ade.

ian
    ?

i think your right Ade the abreviation LB is a hard one when you dont know the context for sure ,,,ian

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    That would be my take on it too Dan. Though I would say "Dear" instead of "Lovely".

Cheers, Ade.
    I was just changing that as you posted I think between males at the time it is Dear where as in Feldposts between partners its Love!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast