Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Is this a named SA Belt & Buckle?

Article about: Hi! I picked this up a couple days ago from a gentleman who thought it was an HJ belt. Its much to large to be an HJ belt so I'm curious if this is actually SA? From the markings (Herstellun

?

Default Re: Is this a named SA Belt & Buckle?

Quote by bikerboyzx6r View Post
    Yes, looks to me like as if its: My dear Comrade Gustl. Erhand Kraus. Assault Leader (Sturmführer) March 1932

I believe this was written by the Sturmführer which is likely to be an SA guy, possibly a gift to someone who was or was not!?
    So it seems the general consensus is that this is a dedication from Sturmführer Erhand Krauss to another Sturmführer (Gustl)? Yet there is no way to determine by the type of belt, or anything written on it, as to who Gustl might be?

Does a dedication like this make the belt more valuable? If so, any clue as to how much more? (for insurance purposes)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this a named SA Belt & Buckle?
    P
    Many

ian
    ?

yes i believe that is correct ,as for changing the value ,if you can identify the men mabe it may cheers ian

Quote by ian View Post
    yes i believe that is correct ,as for changing the value ,if you can identify the men mabe it may cheers ian
    It can make it more saleable rather than more expensive unless you do the work and find out who he is/was. If the info comes back positive & you sell it with the proof then yes the price could go up

As previously suggested..."My dear Comrade Gustl. Erhand Kraus. Assault Leader (Sturmführer) March 1932...".

I do not support this date as the open framed buckle has a first series Assmann mark which was used 1933/1934. Instead, I still think that the two sets of hand written numbers are SA Regiment related.

Regards,

David

It's is not March 32...

Standarte 3/32 (Munich)
    Fits to "Gustl" which is only used in Bavaria.
    Last edited by Auseklis; 03-22-2010 at 10:13 AM.

Do you know, I have never been into politcal buckles but the longer I read about them the more intrigued I become. Trying to find info on the SA is a minefield, I am going to endeavour to become much more knowledgable on this topic!!
    Ben

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Do you know, I have never been into politcal buckles but the longer I read about them the more intrigued I become. Trying to find info on the SA is a minefield, I am going to endeavour to become much more knowledgable on this topic!!
    Here Here! Something as simple as 3/32 being an area rather than date etc etc.... Well, theres still lots to learn

Auseklis - thankyou!

So - Standarte 3/32 (Munich) - did they wear nickle silver (white metal) buttons to their uniforms? If so, this confirmation would square the circle nicely.

Regards,

David

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2