Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

New SA buckle

Article about: Here's my new SA buckle, ordered from a nice fellow on WAF. It's the static or horizontal swastika type. The prongs are made in a style that is, in my opinion, very similar to those used by

Nice buckle and belt, the belt has been repaired at some point
    Ben

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New SA buckle
    P
    Many

that is a nice clean buckle.

?

Markus, thank you for the reference photos! Some features look like the Assmann designs, but I doubted that at first because of the prongs. They look very much like the Overhoff and Berg und Nolte cut prongs. Were known Assmann buckles made with this style of prongs? Here are some better photos:

New SA buckleNew SA buckle

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Nice buckle and belt, the belt has been repaired at some point
    Thanks, Ben! I didn't know that the belt had been repaired, so that is very useful information. The repair is definitely period done when you see it in hand.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    that is a nice clean buckle.
    Thanks, Harry!

For anyone interested, I have had the belt listed to eBay as I don't really collect them. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post the link here, so I won't, but it's available there.

[QUOTE=Erno;1246339]Markus, thank you for the reference photos! Some features look like the Assmann designs, but I doubted that at first because of the prongs. They look very much like the Overhoff and Berg und Nolte cut prongs. Were known Assmann buckles made with this style of prongs? Here are some better photos:

Hello,

early time prongs can look very similar to Assmann and Overhoff ..............
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

?

Quote by yellow12 View Post
    Hello,

early time prongs can look very similar to Assmann and Overhoff ..............
    That makes sense! Thank you for the explanation. Perhaps it's related to the dual-marked Assmann and Overhoff buckles.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3