Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

New SA Buckle - Need your help.

Article about: I posted pictures of this buckle several weeks ago when I was first thinking of purchasing it. It seemed good to all who looked at it. I bought it yesterday and got home to check it with oth

Default New SA Buckle - Need your help.

I posted pictures of this buckle several weeks ago when I was first thinking of purchasing it. It seemed good to all who looked at it. I bought it yesterday and got home to check it with other pictures of SA Buckles. I could not find another buckle that looked the same. I am really new to this and there may be too many variations to post them all. This buckle has very fine detail. There are no maker marks that I can find. I have not tried to remove any dirt or build-up. Could any one help me with this buckles origin, date, maker, or other pictures that are similar? I was checking the position of the head, the wings, etc. Any response would be appreciated.

Thanks,

WilliamNew SA Buckle - Need your help.New SA Buckle - Need your help.New SA Buckle - Need your help.New SA Buckle - Need your help.New SA Buckle - Need your help.New SA Buckle - Need your help.New SA Buckle - Need your help.New SA Buckle - Need your help.New SA Buckle - Need your help.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New SA Buckle - Need your help.
    P
    Many

Default Re: New SA Buckle - Need your help.

This SA buckle is original and period. Perhaps a little tired, however it is quite correct. The obverse has at some time been very heavily polished, however to my mind, this does not detract one iota. It is almost impossible to pin point the year of manufacture and also, who made it. Allow myself a few days in order to post some images of a similar SA buckle.

A good SA !

Regards,

David

Quote by David North View Post
    This SA buckle is original and period. Perhaps a little tired, however it is quite correct. The obverse has at some time been very heavily polished, however to my mind, this does not detract one iota. It is almost impossible to pin point the year of manufacture and also, who made it. Allow myself a few days in order to post some images of a similar SA buckle.

A good SA !

Regards,

David
    Thanks David. I will look forward to your pictures.

William

I agree, this is a nice original buckle...no worries here.
    cheers, Glenn

There is more than one variation of the SA buckle.
    Look at militaria guild.
    chris

I looked back at my post a few weeks ago and "Adam" aechols83 posted a picture just like my buckle. Thanks Adam!

Hello,

IMO it is a early Paulmann & Crone .

Here some Pics with marking :
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New SA Buckle - Need your help.   New SA Buckle - Need your help.  

New SA Buckle - Need your help.  
    Attached Images Attached Images New SA Buckle - Need your help. 
    Last edited by yellow12; 04-27-2013 at 09:56 PM.
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175