Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

A progressive trio of SA

Article about: This is perhaps to some members an interesting progressive display of three SA's, as it shows the same three same and exact roundels in differing conditions of wear (silver washed, plain bra

Default A progressive trio of SA

This is perhaps to some members an interesting progressive display of three SA's, as it shows the same three same and exact roundels in differing conditions of wear (silver washed, plain brass and nickle silver on brass), attached to two different brass boxes.

The first image I think shows the early days of this buckle and the third image, illustrates what I personally think is a quite remarkable and striking style of SA eagle and swastika.

Regards,

David

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A progressive trio of SA
    P
    Many

Default Re: A progressive trio of SA

Hi, David. Very nice buckles and nice to hold this trio to show the progression. I like the first, of course... I think you had said an early Weimar or Imperial brass box? But yes, #3 is quite striking... I'm easily seduced by these shiny, detailed nickel/silver types of roundels!

Thanks for sharing
    Best,
    Adam

Hello Adam

The SA buckle is not the most popular type and form within the forum, however having said that, they are regarded by some as an important and illustrative group within the NSDAP family.

The first one is indeed the prodigal son, insofar as now, accepted back within the fold.

The three illustrate a progression of roundel finish as well as the box type utilised and with regards to the roundels, silver wash, stark brass and nickle silver.

The eagle design is I think quite striking.

Regards,

David

Hi, David.

Yes...I've noticed in my experience, albeit limited as of yet, that the SA is not as popular as some TR buckles. Personally, I see this as a bit disappointing as I find them to be most varied and interesting...many having quite striking designs.

Thanks again for sharing these and glad the "prodigal son" has returned home to his appropriate place in this most illustrative trio

Best,
    Adam

Nice to see David, thanks for showing

I would like to think I will have a nice SA buckle in my collection one day

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Here are two more SA buckles which are an integral part of this interesting family and which in my opinion show a very distinct and impressive style of eagle and swastika.

The first is nickle silver on brass and the second is some kind of "zinc" type finish, again on brass.

For these two buckles, the brass boxes are exactly the same.

Regards,

David