Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

R.Z.M. in splendid isolation !

Article about: Zepp was recently so kind enough to administer a "slap on the legs" to myself, due to my forgetting (a now all too regular Senior Moment), that I held SA buckles displaying an RZM

Default R.Z.M. in splendid isolation !

Zepp was recently so kind enough to administer a "slap on the legs" to myself, due to my forgetting (a now all too regular Senior Moment), that I held SA buckles displaying an RZM stamp without any supporting manufacturers codes.

The old, previously unsubstantiated and now discredited Rule of Thumb, that an RZM mark should always be dignified.

Here are images of another SA buckle that I hold and which displays a bold and overt RZM stamp.

Regards and best wishes,

David

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement R.Z.M. in splendid isolation !
    P
    Many

Very interesting buckle David, unusual having the single RZM but also the single solder point for the roundel, another variant I dont think I have seen and thanks for showing us
    Ben

?

It is an interesting buckle but if I came across it at a show I would give it a one second look and put it down. I might be making a mistake but the single solder point would scare me off.

Quote by kirby View Post
    ...I might be making a mistake...
    Dear Kirby

With perhaps a little experience under my belt in connection with collecting SA buckles, never for one moment have I even remotely considered that the buckle shown here is anything other than period. Unusual and very rare yes by the feature of a single solder spot, however the prevalence of so called "non text book" SA buckles makes the genre per se so very interesting to collect.

Without appearing overly patronising, anyone collecting "Kampfzeit" SA buckles needs to keep a very open mind.

Regards and best wishes,

David

Dear David ,

a nice exceptionally SA with more than one seldom features ........
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175