Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Recent SA thread by Spence

Article about: Spence I notice that your SA buckle thread has now been correctly moved to the SA Buckles data base - Brass with Sun Wheel Swastika. What I wanted to say is that there is absolutely no need

Default Recent SA thread by Spence

Spence

I notice that your SA buckle thread has now been correctly moved to the SA Buckles data base - Brass with Sun Wheel Swastika.

What I wanted to say is that there is absolutely no need to apologise in any way whatsoever, just because the buckle that you posted is in a somewhat tired and distressed condition. Buckles in this condition are of interest to certain collectors.

Interestingly, you showed a quite unusual design and one that I think I recognise.

Your buckle remains on the data base, however I have copied the images and re posted them here, against what I think is the same distinct design buckle.

The posting of any buckle and in any condition is welcome.

Regards,

David

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Recent SA thread by Spence
    P
    Many

Default Re: Recent SA thread by Spence

Hi David,

Thank you for the kind words and encouragement. I am glad it may be of some assistance to the database

Should you like a copy of the high resolution pictures for any further comparison, please just PM me an email address and I am more than happy to supply you with a copy.

Regards,

Spence

Default Re: Recent SA thread by Spence

Great to see buckles like that! Goes to show how father time can affect these artifacts!! Yes: certainly both buckles are from the same maker! Love the "tip" protruding from the rear of the eagle's head!
    Very nice variant!

Rob