Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

S.A. "deluxe"

Article about: Here is an SA buckle that I thought may be of interest. A not particularly special design and more than likely manufactured by B u N. The interest lies in the mercury gilding and where the o

Default S.A. "deluxe"

Here is an SA buckle that I thought may be of interest.

A not particularly special design and more than likely manufactured by B u N.

The interest lies in the mercury gilding and where the original purchaser would have paid extra for.

The brass box would have originally received a fine copper layer before the mercury gilding process and the "spotting" effect as seen with this example is so typically symptomatic of the difficulties of mercury gilding brass.

When new of course, the SA Mann did not have the bother of "polishing his buckle" (not a euphemism for solitary pursuits I assure you) to Pass Muster as in theory, the buckle was always bright.

Regards and best wishes,

David

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement S.A. "deluxe"
    P
    Many

Reverse

Quite an interesting buckle you have posted David, have you gone for maker due to the prongs or is there another feature that is typical of BuN? I must agree with the prongs though, very BuN
    Ben

Dear Ben

Yes, I too thought that it was quite an interesting SA buckle.

As for the suggestion that the buckle may have come from Berg und Nolte AG, Lüdenscheid, there is a strong possibility. I hold other SA buckles with the same roundel and where the box is marked RZM 36. In addition and as you quite rightly suggest, the style of pin shroud and claws are often associated with this company.

Regards and best wishes,

David

?

Thanks for posting this interesting buckle. I don't recall ever reading about this process before. I belive I have the same buckle without this process.

Quote by David North View Post
    Dear Ben

Yes, I too thought that it was quite an interesting SA buckle.

As for the suggestion that the buckle may have come from Berg und Nolte AG, Lüdenscheid, there is a strong possibility. I hold other SA buckles with the same roundel and where the box is marked RZM 36. In addition and as you quite rightly suggest, the style of pin shroud and claws are often associated with this company.

Regards and best wishes,

David
    Hi David, is there any chance you can post a pic of the rear of these buckle together please?
    Ben

that finish makes it a very attractive looking buckle.

Hello,

respect by all , IMO that's not made by B&N

I know this design, akin at B&N .

Some smal differences are known .

The loop in the oakleafe and the wingsdesighn and also the peppled field behind the Oakleafe wreath .

Also i see no accordance at the box .

Here some examples from B&N :

S.A. "deluxe"S.A. "deluxe"S.A. "deluxe"S.A. "deluxe"S.A. "deluxe"S.A. "deluxe"
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175