Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

S.A. - Single Solder Spot

Article about: 1

Very buckles David and for me very rare, if my memory serves me right was there a thread on the WAF many years ago ref these single solders SA buckles? I have not seen any for sale since or pictures of any come to think of it! Markus, yours is indeed a strange buckle, any ideas on the maker?
    Ben

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement S.A. - Single Solder Spot
    P
    Many

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Very buckles David and for me very rare, if my memory serves me right was there a thread on the WAF many years ago ref these single solders SA buckles? I have not seen any for sale since or pictures of any come to think of it! Markus, yours is indeed a strange buckle, any ideas on the maker?
    Hi Ben ,

a well known original but no idea for the maker .
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

Quote by Erno View Post
    David, have you any believable three solder point SAs?
    Dear Erno

I have seen and actually own SA buckles where the originally Imperial or Weimar period brass (mainly) box, has been cannibalised and dignified to achieve a "fit for purpose" status by conversion to an SA. One solder spot and of course two solder spots, however and to date, never three.

Hope springs eternal though.

Regards,

David

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Dear Ben

I have not for some years now seen one of these so called single solder spot SA buckles for sale, although having said that, I think that they are a tad uncommon.

As for the maker, yet again I have to say that I do not have any idea whatsoever.

An interesting SA buckle though.

Regards,

David

?

Quote by David North View Post
    Dear Erno

I have seen and actually own SA buckles where the originally Imperial or Weimar period brass (mainly) box, has been cannibalised and dignified to achieve a "fit for purpose" status by conversion to an SA. One solder spot and of course two solder spots, however and to date, never three.

Hope springs eternal though.

Regards,

David
    I'll bet that there is a genuine one out there somewhere, but maybe only in the triangular formation like what is seen on imperial buckles.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2