Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

S.A.-Wehrmannschaften

Article about: David, They said. You have a nice, period photo showing S.A.-Wehrmannschaften Buckle in wear. Will a nice addition to this thread. Alex.

Default S.A.-Wehrmannschaften

Here are a few images of the very well known SA-Wehrmannschaften buckle and one which perhaps, you either love or hate.

I do not think anybody really knows exactly when the buckle was first introduced and worn, although the buckle per se does appear somewhat "standard" by design etc. and in many other respects.

Die stamped white aluminium with the obverse having a soft silver grey matte lacquer. A single manufacturer and with the largest number of these buckles seen, (a) being in extremely good and/or sometimes unworn condition and (b), showing a tool or die flaw which manifests itself as a hairline crack to one of the eagles wings (reverse). I should add that I am sure that not all original SA-Wehrmann buckles display this hairline crack.

As always faked of course and to include some crude steel examples and to include some quite superb cast buckles.

Regards,

David

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement S.A.-Wehrmannschaften
    P
    Many

Default Re: S.A.-Wehrmannschaften

Cracking buckle David and in super condition, like you stated a well faked buckle with some very good cast ones on the market, certainly a buckle to study carefully!
    Ben

I have had several original examples of this buckle over the years. The last one still had the RZM tag attached. All had the flaw in the wing. If original examples exist without this flaw, they are likely doomed to always be questionable. Please take this as an observation from one who is not a speciaist in collecting buckles.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Ben

I have a new camera and still, trying to find the correct colour balance. The more I look at the images of the buckle that I posted, the more "green" it looks. Here is another attempt to try and recreate what is really a beautiful colour and finish to this buckle.

Bob

Absolutely - and that is why I mentioned it. Many prospective buyers immediately look for the hairline crack. A fissure on an original and a blind seam on the reproduction.

Regards,

David

Great buckle David! My example is a little more worn but displays the same characteristics....These are really beautiful buckles!!

Cheers!

Rob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture S.A.-Wehrmannschaften   S.A.-Wehrmannschaften  

S.A.-Wehrmannschaften   S.A.-Wehrmannschaften  

S.A.-Wehrmannschaften   S.A.-Wehrmannschaften  

Attached Images Attached Images S.A.-Wehrmannschaften 

Interesting thread. This buckle in my opinion is one of the prettiest of the TR buckles but no one wants them. These buckles have held there price for years at around $400.00 even in mint condition w/a tag. The only reason I can come up with is there is no uniform associated with the buckle (at least as far a I know) I do not even know what type of belt goes with it.
    It is hard to understand why the fakers even bothered to produce one let alone the excellent copy that is out there.

Bill

p38
    ?

super design for this buckle ...

the only one hard to find in worn condition or with a little wear, all we can find are mint...

thank you to show your nice examples.

here's mine

best
    Emmanuel

my poor input
    not so well preserved as above ones
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture S.A.-Wehrmannschaften   S.A.-Wehrmannschaften  

S.A.-Wehrmannschaften  

p38
    ?

Quote by alexhip View Post
    my poor input
    not so well preserved as above ones
    "less preserved" but a more important part of history..

a nice worn one..

Emmanuel

Bill

I agree with you totally that there is relatively little known about the uniform, although I am sure that there is a colour plate of the said uniform within the 1943 edition (at least) of the Organisationsbuch der NSDAP.

Alex and Emmanuel

Many thanks for posting your examples and how pleasant it would be to find an original SA-Wehrmannschaften buckle with heavy period wear. The majority of these buckles in collections now seem to be in either mint or near mint condition.

Regards,

David

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast