Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Is this an SA belt??

Article about: I recently picked up this belt, named to a "Th Engelhardt". It is 97cm in total length with no manufacturer mark I can see. If it is good, I would like to track down a buckle to ma

Default Is this an SA belt??

I recently picked up this belt, named to a "Th Engelhardt". It is 97cm in total length with no manufacturer mark I can see.

If it is good, I would like to track down a buckle to match ( not that I collect SA stuff but a complete assembly would be nice )

Sorry about the grainy photos, its night here and I could only grab my phone .....

Out of my depth here guys so any help would be appreciated.
    Cheers, Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this an SA belt??   Is this an SA belt??  

Is this an SA belt??   Is this an SA belt??  

" I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this an SA belt??
    P
    Many

?

It looks like a fine SA belt to me! Lighting is an issue, but I think it's fine.

Dear Dan

I do not think that is always possible to identify the buckle from the strap, unless the leather strap and/or the integral hook has the benefit of organisation specific markings, stampings, et al.

The last time that I secured a strap similar to yours which has that very distinct nickle silver hook, the period buckle which had never been separated from the strap, was - FAD.

Regards,

David

Quote by David North View Post
    Dear Dan

I do not think that is always possible to identify the buckle from the strap, unless the leather strap and/or the integral hook has the benefit of organisation specific markings, stampings, et al.

The last time that I secured a strap similar to yours which has that very distinct nickle silver hook, the period buckle which had never been separated from the strap, was - FAD.

Regards,

David
    So FAD ( or RAD, DAF or NSKK maybe?? ) or any other pre-war organisation maybe?
    I will take better, clearer photos in the morning.

Thanks all,
    Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

nice belt.