Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

sa belt and buckle

Article about: picked this up along with a ww1 buckle on saturday, belt is a parade type with blue felt backing, rgds Dave

?

Default sa belt and buckle

picked this up along with a ww1 buckle on saturday, belt is a parade type with blue felt backing, rgds Dave
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture sa belt and buckle   sa belt and buckle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement sa belt and buckle
    P
    Many

Default Re: sa belt and buckle

on the buckle. Perhaps someone can confirm what I seem to recall that this design is perhaps by Assmann?

Best,
    Adam

Nice find! Congrats on this recent score!

Rob

?

Nice buckle Dave!

The blue felt backing belongs usually to a WWI Bavarian dress belt.

Best,
    Guido
    Last edited by Ben Evans; 03-08-2011 at 05:55 PM.

Good find Dave, yet another flea bay special or another show lol
    Ben

Dave

Good looking SA and absolutely no problems there. The design of the eagle is interesting and with the striking feature of the pronounced arching to the wings and the wide binding to the oak leaf roundel. The interest is that it belongs to a family of "very similar" buckles which on first glance, appear the same. They are however not and have minor differences to include the style of wing tips, eagle head and the lower spray of oak leafs.

Just to mention what Adam tentatively suggested - I must admit that I have never associated this buckle to Assmann and perhaps - B u N ?

Regards,

David

?

Thanks guys glad you liked it,also thank you for the info on the belt Guido,also thank you David for the detailed info on this buckle , rgds Dave