Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Sa buckle

Article about: I warn all in advance a prongs,post/peen sleeve was made by me instead of the lost

?

Default Sa buckle

I warn all in advance a prongs,post/peen sleeve was made by me instead of the lost
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sa buckle   Sa buckle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sa buckle
    P
    Many

Default Re: Sa buckle

A great and early SA with a cannibalised Imperial box Nice patina too.

Best,
    Adam

?

As I have understood, roundel SA is soldered to wwi imperial box.

Yes. Looks nice!!

Rob

Quote by maxrsx View Post
    As I have understood, roundel SA is soldered to wwi imperial box.
    Hello,

yes and is don in time !

Very nice patina !!!!!!!
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

A jolly attractive and interesting SA buckle and in my opinion, not only by the very distinct style of the eagle, however by the utilisation of the Imperial or early Weimar brass box.

Perhaps the brass box has not been cannibalised from a previously worn buckle?

Attached are images of essentially the same buckle and which displays the very distinct reverse pattern to the brass box. Perhaps the unknown manufacturer was using a stock of otherwise non used "neutral" boxes or of course and by coincidence, stripping down and utilising previously manufactured Imperial or early Weimar buckles.

I understand that this concentric ring configuration to the reverse of Imperial box buckles is quite well documented.

As a minor side line, attached are images of an SA buckle and where the roundel design appears the same as the post subject. The eagles may appear the same, however there are slight differences and of course, the more traditional reverse style to the brass box.

Regards,

David

3 Different Eagle

4 Different Reverse