Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

SA buckle and belt

Article about: Here's a pretty worn SA buckle and belt. Can't find any maker marks on the buckle. Does it look correct? the belt has had quite a bit of use but interestingly there are still some round leat

MAP
    ?

Default SA buckle and belt

Here's a pretty worn SA buckle and belt.

Can't find any maker marks on the buckle. Does it look correct?

the belt has had quite a bit of use but interestingly there are still some round leather pieces where they were punched out for the buckle prongs.

Any thoughs/comments welcome.

Michael

SA buckle and beltSA buckle and beltSA buckle and beltSA buckle and beltSA buckle and beltSA buckle and beltSA buckle and beltSA buckle and belt
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA buckle and belt
    P
    Many

Michael, both buckle and belt are original, if David North or Markus read this thread they may even give you a maker as both are big SA collectors
    Ben

nice set.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Michael, both buckle and belt are original, if David North or Markus read this thread they may even give you a maker as both are big SA collectors
    Thanks Ben,

I anxiously and hopefully await for David/Markus feedback. Would be great to find out the maker.

Regards,

Michael

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

It is always great to get buckle and belt.

Hi All,

Been out of the buckle collecting loop for a bit but that's definitely a classic F.W. Assmann SA.

Best,
    Adam

I know that Adam is extremely knowledgeable with regard to SA (and other) buckles, however without wishing to appear overly pedantic, I am a little uncomfortable about the declaration of "...that's definitely a classic F. W. Assmann SA...".

The buckle by design does indeed appear within the Assmann catalogue - that is definite.

I am just not sure if every one of these prolifically manufactured buckles by their quite specific design can be attributed to Assmann.

Apologies for again being boringly pedantic.

Regards,

David

David, thank you for a tempering response. Of course, I’m indebted to you and generous others here are for any knowledge I might have to pass on.

It seems my declarative “definitely” was a bit of a zealous moment as I wade back into the main current of buckle collecting. Perhaps better said that, in all aspects and in my opinion, this buckle appears to bear features of what I have come to define for myself as “classic” for an Assmann SA . As we know, the design appears in the Assmann catalog and also the whole construction leads me this way. It was actually not long ago that I was lucky to have within my collection this same brass-on-brass variant SA with an A&S marking on the reverse (!)

Anyways, it’s good to be back and looking forward to other comments. For now it’s bedtime here in California!

Best to all,
    Adam

MAP
    ?

Quote by David North View Post
    I know that Adam is extremely knowledgeable with regard to SA (and other) buckles, however without wishing to appear overly pedantic, I am a little uncomfortable about the declaration of "...that's definitely a classic F. W. Assmann SA...".

The buckle by design does indeed appear within the Assmann catalogue - that is definite.

I am just not sure if every one of these prolifically manufactured buckles by their quite specific design can be attributed to Assmann.

Apologies for again being boringly pedantic.

Regards,

David
    Quote by aechols83 View Post
    David, thank you for a tempering response. Of course, I’m indebted to you and generous others here are for any knowledge I might have to pass on.

It seems my declarative “definitely” was a bit of a zealous moment as I wade back into the main current of buckle collecting. Perhaps better said that, in all aspects and in my opinion, this buckle appears to bear features of what I have come to define for myself as “classic” for an Assmann SA . As we know, the design appears in the Assmann catalog and also the whole construction leads me this way. It was actually not long ago that I was lucky to have within my collection this same brass-on-brass variant SA with an A&S marking on the reverse (!)

Anyways, it’s good to be back and looking forward to other comments. For now it’s bedtime here in California!

Best to all,
    Adam
    Adam/David,

Thanks for the great information. Sitting in a tent right now on a camping trip so will digest all this when a head back in a few days !!!

Regards

Michael