Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

SA buckle, probably a fake.

Article about: Hello buckle maniacs. This seller of this buckle sells it as a copy. At first I thought..is it really a fake? But the more I look at it, I'm leaning to agree with the seller. The material lo

Together for reference
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA buckle, probably a fake.  
    Ben

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA buckle, probably a fake.
    P
    Many

A perfect match to me. Or are my eyes bad? I have actually done an eye surgery a couple of years ago

?

Here is an Reichswehr era Linden & Funke I have not looked at lately, so thought I would add it to this interesting thread. One of the 1st buckles I bought a few years back. Like the SA example, a very high-quality and nicely detailed buckle.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA buckle, probably a fake.   SA buckle, probably a fake.  

SA buckle, probably a fake.   SA buckle, probably a fake.  

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Together for reference
    Dear Ben

It is not very often that I disagree with your opinion, however here and with all due respect, I do.

In my opinion, that von Hagen label or whatever, is not period to the said and subject SA buckle. As such, I cannot support the concert enthusiasm that this SA was manufactured by this company.

Von Hagen as a firm established trading during the 1880's and are still a going concern today.

With this in mind, I am sure that in over 130 years, many types of stock related labels, tickets, tallies or whatever were employed by the company. The one in question though and in my opinion, is not buckle related and even the declaration at the bottom of the label is questionable for a manufactured item.

These bogus labels first appeared around 10 years ago when a well known German dealer started offering fantasy "1936 Olympia" and "Zeppelin" buckles, complete with a von Hagen label as exact to the one shown on the SA buckle, forming part of this thread.

So, it is my opinion that assuming this particular SA buckle was manufactured by von Hagen, just because it has attached by a thread, a highly suspect and easily to apply "portable" label, is completely wrong.

Regards and best wishes,

David

Hi David, nice to hear from you and I hope all is well. In ref to the buckle I was going merely on the ears of both buckles and the large pin head. The buckle I have seen by Von Hagen all seem to have the distinct large pin head, other than RODO I have not encountered other buckle s with a pin head so large. I also think the ears are quite distinct to this maker, they seem to have their "own shape" hope all this makes sense BTW.

Cheers
    Ben

Dear Ben

Thankyou for your response and all is well here in Shandong, China, thankyou.

Could you direct me to an image on the Forum which clearly shows a brass buckle, marked with a KH, MA, EU, RZM or whatever and which unequivocally by the said markings, correlates with von Hagen as the manufacturer?

I am painfully aware at times that I am not the "sharpest tool in the box", however I know absolutely nothing about this company in relation to manufacturing SA buckles.

Thankyou in anticipation.

Regards and best wishes,

David

Post number 8 David, the Tunnerbund buckle, the markings are for Von Hagen, then compare the pin head and ears to the SA buckle

Cheers
    Ben

?

Post number 8 David, the Tunnerbund buckle, the markings are for Von Hagen, then compare the pin head and ears to the SA buckle

Cheers
    I thought Von Hagen sounded familiar, so recalled this older thread that should add to this thread:

RZM 33----- the mystery

Always have to enjoy seeing a seller of fakes get fooled and selling an actual Genuine piece! Nice find!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Post number 8 David, the Turnerbund buckle, the markings are for Von Hagen, then compare the pin head and ears to the SA buckle
    Cheers
    Here an advertisement from the von Hagen-concern, as well as the logo-name JDEHA:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast