Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

SA buckle - what do you guys think?

Article about: I came upon this SA buckle and I'm curious what you guys think of it. These are not something I've really studied, so I'm flying blind to be honest. Thanks in advance for any thoughts and op

Hello,

nice dog head eagle .

I don't shure that this box and roundel , also the prongs are the right configuration .........

I know this in die stamp and with soldered Roundel on another box :

SA buckle - what do you guys think?SA buckle - what do you guys think?
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA buckle - what do you guys think?
    P
    Many

?

Quote by yellow12 View Post
    Hello,

nice dog head eagle .

I don't shure that this box and roundel , also the prongs are the the right configuration .........

I know this in die stamp and with soldered Roundel on another box :
    Hmm, do you think something was replaced then? So far, every 'ugly claw' and 'dog's head' buckle had the semicircle catch, but mine has the C-loop type.

Quote by Erno View Post
    Hmm, do you think something was replaced then? So far, every 'ugly claw' and 'dog's head' buckle had the semicircle catch, but mine has the C-loop type.

Hello,

i hope David North can help us .

Only i can say that i never seen bevor one like your's ........
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

?

Quote by yellow12 View Post
    Hello,

i hope David North can help us .

Only i can say that i never seen bevor on like your's ........
    Thank you for the thoughts, Markus! I hope David North sees this thread. Whatever it is, the buckle is an interesting one for sure.

By the way, I clicked the link in your signature ('My collection'), and I want to say that it is very impressive and nicely displayed. You have done a great job of assembling it all!

?

I have this one and the collectors Guild has a couple of these and they all look like the one Marcus posted. Interested to see what David has to say. I was surprised how much the Guild was asking for these.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA buckle - what do you guys think?   SA buckle - what do you guys think?  

Quote by Erno View Post
    By the way, I clicked the link in your signature ('My collection'), and I want to say that it is very impressive and nicely displayed. You have done a great job of assembling it all!

Hello,

thank you ........
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

I think this one is much the same as yours Kirby
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA buckle - what do you guys think?   SA buckle - what do you guys think?  

Ben

?

Almost no ears on that one and the prongs might be a little longer. Thanks for posting.

?

Those are some great buckles, fellows. The huge variety even in buckles of the same design is really evocative of the Kampfzeit.

Dear Erno

I think that you have started a really interesting thread in relation to a very interesting SA buckle and please accept my apologies for chipping in somewhat belatedly.

The so called "dog head" SA buckle is now very well known and quite well documented and there are several variations of head, wing and other feature design, all wrapped up under the generic of "dog head".

Without stating the blindingly obvious, the common features of (a) a dog head eagle, (b) slightly stubby wings and (c), the swastika almost dead centre rather than being lower from centre. The reverse usually has (a) a half moon catch, (b) close proximity solder spots and (c), a traditional pin shroud and claw arrangement with however very sharp and needle like claw tips.

The buckle that you now hold Erno strays from the usual and by two overt differences being (a) the bridge catch and (b), those much loved ugly claws.

Whilst the ears of the buckle box are slightly "pinched in", in my opinion this buckle is completely original and period in all aspects.

A dog head SA is now rare and expensive to boot, however any SA buckle with an ugly claw arrangement is and again in my opinion, very rare. Combine the two features and of course, a quite special buckle.

A great find and yet again, a clear indication of the staggering variance of SA buckle design and construction features which manifested themselves during the non regulated and at times ad hoc Kampfzeit period of the mid 1920's to the early 1930's.

Regards,

David

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast