Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SA D.R.G.M. Buckle

Article about: Hi guys, Could I please get your opinions on this buckle? Thanks, Mo

Default SA D.R.G.M. Buckle

Hi guys,

Could I please get your opinions on this buckle?

Thanks,
    Mo
    Attached Images Attached Images SA D.R.G.M. Buckle  SA D.R.G.M. Buckle 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA D.R.G.M. Buckle
    P
    Many

Default Re: SA D.R.G.M. Buckle

Hello Mo,

This is an original and rare "steel back" SA buckle that you have shown. Here is a link to a prior thread on these and which contains a 2nd older link as well.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/belt-...riginal-35408/

Best,
    Adam

Lol, I have just been trying to find that thread! I call these a flat back, but again like Adam nice buckle and hard to come by!
    Ben

Haha...glad I could help, Ben

Nice! Thanks for your help guys. I'll be buying it then.

Dear Mo

Already said, however this a very rare SA buckle which has the enviable combination features of a unique design/method of construction.

Thankyou Adam for locating the past threads.

Regards,

David

Hello,

a autstanding nice SA Variation called stell back ..........

@David,

can it be that the desighn looks vendor-specific ?
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

Dear Markus

I think sometimes it is like "a dog chasing it's tail" trying to establish who was the maker to a particular SA buckle. To be honest, I no longer bother as there are so many unanswerable questions to this most common buckle. The steel plate backed DRGM SA however is I think somewhat different. One design and one form of construction and which points to one manufacturer. Goodness knows who !

A rare SA buckle though.

Regards,

David

Quote by David North View Post
    Dear Markus

I think sometimes it is like "a dog chasing it's tail" trying to establish who was the maker to a particular SA buckle. To be honest, I no longer bother as there are so many unanswerable questions to this most common buckle. The steel plate backed DRGM SA however is I think somewhat different. One design and one form of construction and which points to one manufacturer. Goodness knows who !

A rare SA buckle though.

Regards,

David
    Dear David ,

I'm sorry if you come too close. But this topic is now time my main interest.

But this is a wunderfull lovely buckle for me .

And i can go absolutely with your opinion about this rare buckle ...........
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

?

A really super buckle which probably is, as David has said, attributable to a specific manufacturer. The problem is finding that manufacturer. It might be done if the manufacturer had stamped in the Gebrauchmuster registration number, which one occasionally finds on Imperial buckles, as the German Patent Office in Munich still has (probably incomplete) Gebrauchsmuster records sorted by numbers. Without the number, the only hope would be a chance find.

Regards, Kurt