MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SA with makers label

Article about: Hello all, i want show one of my buckles with marker label . Here it is a nickelsilver Overhoff . On the label it is Mess-vern . This means brass , nickel platet ! But the buckle is steel co

Default SA with makers label

Hello all,

i want show one of my buckles with marker label .

Here it is a nickelsilver Overhoff .

On the label it is Mess-vern . This means brass , nickel platet ! But the buckle is

steel construktet nickel platet . It is full magnetic !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA with makers label   SA with makers label  

SA with makers label  
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA with makers label
    P
    Many

Default re: SA with makers label

Markus, that is a great buckle in my eyes, and the first SA type buckle I have ever seen with a label/tag on it from the manufacturer, brilliant!!!!
    Ben

Dear Ben,

here anotherone :

SA with makers labelSA with makers labelSA with makers label
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

very nice,,,first ones i have seen tagged...

Dear Markus

The buckles are super, although I am not comfortable about either label.

In my opinion, the "Hagen" label is a pure fake and is often found on fantasy "Olympic" and "Zeppelin" buckles.

The Overhoff label may be original and if it is, surely it should not be attached to this buckle. As you say, the label states nickle silver on brass, whilst your buckle is nickle silver on steel. The "0" is correct for Overhoff, as is the /45 for the size of the box. You need however to determine the Overhoff catalogue item as shown on your "Art" label.

Regards,

David

Dear David,

thank you for the inputs .

Do you know where i can read somthing more about the Hagen tag ?

I have this buckle over20 years in my collektion . It was in the 80's a hoard of ca. 60 Buckles with this tag in original paper .

All buckles in same condition ........ . I saw them all in one box . Found in Austria on old scool attic .

And also 100 HJ in Alu most maker RZM M4/55 and M4/22 in top Condition .

unfortunately i have onli pic's of the HJ .

Attachment 218403Attachment 218404Attachment 218405Attachment 218406Attachment 218407
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA with makers label   SA with makers label  

SA with makers label  
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

Default Re: SA with makers label

Hello All,

Markus, a very nice and less common steel construction SA. I have now seen some other Overhoff tags and I believe your's is probably original although, as David has pointed out, not exactly correct for the buckle. I suppose this could just have been an oversight by Overhoff.

Attached here are images of my nickel over steel example and also my electroplated "yellow" SA's by Overhoff, all with the same design of roundel specific to this maker. When not in-hand, I've learned that the way to determine whether or not this nickeled Overhoff SA in, in fact, steel is by looking at the "C" catch. Magnetic steel examples have a brass-colored catch while the non-magnetic have a silver/nickel-colored catch. For anyone interested in these steel SA's, here is a link to a previous thread discussing them: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/belt-...houghts-29523/

Best,
    Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA with makers label  

Default Re: SA with makers label

Dear Markus

Sorry, however I cannot provide any more information here. This assessment is only my opinion and really, others will hopefully chime in to either support or perhaps debunk. More than one opinion is required. Perhaps referring to the Hagen tag as a fake is a little extreme, as this is a very well established company who I think are actually in existence even today. Maybe the tag is original, although not pre 1945.

May I ask, how many definitively marked Hagen buckles are we aware of? 4/33 or even 5/22?

As far as the Overhoff tag is concerned, how interesting that the same configuration little piece of hand written card shown in Angolias second edition tome (page 201) is yet again, attached to totally the wrong buckle by the scribed description. Very odd and I wonder if anyone has an Overhoff buckle, complete with a tag that is correct and in simpatico?

Regards,

David

Very,very interesting thread that deserves a bump for those who missed it

But we all agree that the second is a von Hagen, because of the ears?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast