Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thiel of Danzig

Article about: Nice information about Thiel from Danzig, as well as GZM. I checked my "Verordnungsblatt der Reichsleitung der NSDAP". In 1931/1932 the departments were known as Zeugmeisterei and

Default Re: Thiel of Danzig

Nice information about Thiel from Danzig, as well as GZM.
    I checked my "Verordnungsblatt der Reichsleitung der NSDAP". In 1931/1932
    the departments were known as Zeugmeisterei and included West, Nord etc. No special
    one was mentioned for Danzig. Per April 1933 all Zeugmeisterei-deparments ceased to
    exist and the Reichszeugmeisterei took over for all.

But with the Reichinspektionen, as well as the Reichsrevisionsbezirke, mentioned in June
    1932 Danzig was indicated as Gau Danzig, being from the Landesinspektion Ost, resp.
    Landesrevisionsbezirk Ost.
    So it would be plausible when the abbreviation GZM would simply stand for Gauzeugmeisterei!
    But as mentioned, in the Verordnungsblatt it was not mentioned as such. The abbreviation
    was mentioned as such by Ben, I think. Maybe he is right. Hope to find information on that
    and then I will let you know!
    Great thread here..........................

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Thiel of Danzig
    P
    Many

Wim, I think it was David who mentioned this

"The abbreviation
    was mentioned as such by Ben, I think. Maybe he is right. Hope to find information on that
    and then I will let you know!
    Great thread here.........................."
    Ben

In this "Verordnungsblatt der Reichsleitung der NSDAP" we could find the answer, what GZM means.
    Maybe we should seek in years between 1934-1939,
    When I saw HJ buckle with GZM mark my first idea was that "GZM means Gauzeugmeisterei", but I haven't found any confirmation so far.
    After some research with big help from my collector friend I can say that GZM was also found on politishe lieter buckles, and the GZD mark also existed

regards
    Piotr

Wow Piotr, are there any pics of a buckle with GZD markings?
    Ben

In the years 1934 through 1939 there is no mention at all of GZM.
    Not in the "Verordnungsblatt der Reichsleitung"! Neither in the "Mitteilungsblatt der RZM" , simply while there was only one Reichszeugmeisterei and that was at Munich, responsible for all German districts.

But as there was an LZM (Landeszeugmeisterei) at Essegg in the Croation area, which had an LZM-symbol (a diamond formed symbol with in its inner the abbreviation LZM) shown in an advertisement and shown in my "Handbook of the Hitler-Jugend" , page 569 (courtesy Wickie), so the GZM abbreviation must have been possible at Danzig, which then surely must have meant: Gauzeugmeisterei.

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Wow Piotr, are there any pics of a buckle with GZD markings?
    Ben, I'm still preparing some material on topic of GZM/Thiel and now about GZD. I show everything when it will be finished.
    So far I have found GZD mark only on leather tongue at the remainings of belt.
    I hope You understand

best regards
    Piotr

Quote by Wilhelm Saris View Post
    In the years 1934 through 1939 there is no mention at all of GZM.
    Not in the "Verordnungsblatt der Reichsleitung"! Neither in the "Mitteilungsblatt der RZM" , simply while there was only one Reichszeugmeisterei and that was at Munich, responsible for all German districts.

But as there was an LZM (Landeszeugmeisterei) at Essegg in the Croation area, which had an LZM-symbol (a diamond formed symbol with in its inner the abbreviation LZM) shown in an advertisement and shown in my "Handbook of the Hitler-Jugend" , page 569 (courtesy Wickie), so the GZM abbreviation must have been possible at Danzig, which then surely must have meant: Gauzeugmeisterei.
    Very interesting Wim and potentially fantastic, some were out there could be buckle never seen by anyone, probably as rare as hens teeth but it gives one hope
    Ben

Quote by Mr Piter View Post
    Ben, I'm still preparing some material on topic of GZM/Thiel and now about GZD. I show everything when it will be finished.
    So far I have found GZD mark only on leather tongue at the remainings of belt.
    I hope You understand

best regards
    Piotr
    Fantastic stuff Piotr, look forward to your findings
    Ben

Just bringing this interesting thread back to life, do we thing at all there could be any chance that these buckles were issued to the SS-Heimwehr Danzig? I am not sure if these were a local regiment?
    Ben

Guys just copied from Wikipedia, is there a chance this regiment was supplied locally?

"SS Heimwehr "Danzig" was an SS unit established in the Free City of Danzig (today Gdańsk and environs, Poland) before the Second World War. It fought with the German army against the Polish Army during the invasion of Poland. After this it became part of the 3rd SS Division Totenkopf and ceased to exist as an independent unit."
    Ben

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast