Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Two Prospective SAs. Opinions?

Article about: Hi, all. So along with the 2 HJ buckles I posted I was sent photos these SAs. I've seen both of these designs here on the brass SA sticky and elsewhere, however I don't know how common or sc

Question Two Prospective SAs. Opinions?

Hi, all. So along with the 2 HJ buckles I posted I was sent photos these SAs. I've seen both of these designs here on the brass SA sticky and elsewhere, however I don't know how common or scarce each design is and which might be an earlier piece (if determinable as I think they both might be earlier buckles.) Aesthetically, I like both of them and the seller's asking the same for each so just trying to decide which I might go with first.
    On the subject of unmarked SAs, I am just curious about non-marked buckles and makers. I never seem to hear much about who might have made an unmarked SA, who it could be attributed to, etc. Is this a task not really undertaken or feasible with some SAs?

Thanks for any thoughts or opinions on these two

Best,
    Adam
    Attached Images Attached Images Two Prospective SAs. Opinions?  Two Prospective SAs. Opinions?  Two Prospective SAs. Opinions?  Two Prospective SAs. Opinions? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Two Prospective SAs. Opinions?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Two Prospective SAs. Opinions?

Adam

As you know, both of the SA's that you have posted are quite original.

The first one is by Overhoff, as the exact design of the eagle and swastika is specific to this company, coupled with the "dimple" back often (not exclusively) used by the O & C. and the style of the "claws".

The other SA however is one where I do not know who the maker was. It is perhaps worth noting though that there is an SA with a very similar design of eagle and swastika, although similar and not the same - manufactured by and often marked for, B u N.

Regards,

David

nice looking buckles...

Unusual and interesting just how squat the eagle's body is on the second buckle.
    It's body is much smaller than the wings and head !
    Regards,

Steve.

yeah,,,the first on is "standing tall",while the second one seems to be "laying an egg",,,LOL...

Thanks for the replies and help, guys. I've since posting this seen a few other examples of the C u O buckle... aesthetically I like the tall-standing eagle with the feathered legs. I agree the 2nd eagle looks very squat with disproportionately large wings. Here is a 3rd original buckle from the same source that I was just sent pictures of today. Again, I think this same buckle design is shown in the brass SA sticky thread. Thoughts about this one compared to the other two and about maker?

Thanks again, all.
    Best,
    Adam
    Attached Images Attached Images Two Prospective SAs. Opinions?  Two Prospective SAs. Opinions?  Two Prospective SAs. Opinions? 

Adam

Your third buckle is again original, although and with due respect, very common.

More than likely - Assmann.

Regards,

David