Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Unusual SA roundel

Article about: Here perhaps is an unusual pair of SA buckles that may be of some interest. The roundel displays a very distinct design of eagle and swastika, however the interest really is in the way that

Default Unusual SA roundel

Here perhaps is an unusual pair of SA buckles that may be of some interest. The roundel displays a very distinct design of eagle and swastika, however the interest really is in the way that the roundel has been attached to the box - by four small tabs !

Regards,

David

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unusual SA roundel
    P
    Many

Default Re: Unusual SA roundel

Hello David, how are you? I have not seen you post for quite a while now, hope this finds you fit and well. This is a first for me, I dont believe I have ever seen SA buckles in this configuration, nice pair!
    Ben

Ben

Quite well thankyou.

I must admit that I am also a little puzzled by this SA buckle, although I think that it is quite clear that the brace, enjoy the same origins by the same (unknown ?) maker. A very similar design of buckle with roundel appears in the Reid publication and with the designation as " unconfirmed NSDAP buckle".

By the way, is it acceptable to post pre 1933 (1919/1933) German buckles on the forum ?

Regards,

David

Of course David, your input and knowledge is a great asset to this forum, nice to see you around again
    Ben

?

David these 2 SA buckles with there roundels fixed by 4 tabs is a first for me to see on a SA buckle also......Interesting to see thanks for showing them.......Cheers Scott.

A first for me too! Great looking buckle with a very distinctive looking eagle on the roundel. Me likey!
    Cheers!

Rob