MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

$1525 for a fake

Article about: Was just checking out the results of the Craig Gottliebs auction that ended today. I was surprised to see someone bid \\$1525 for a fake 35/36 marked nickel SS officers buckle on a belt with b

?

Was just checking out the results of the Craig Gottliebs auction that ended today. I was surprised to see someone bid $1525 for a fake 35/36 marked nickel SS officers buckle on a belt with bogus marking. It was sold in the repo section. Gottlieb says this is a scary fake. Wouldn't be surprised to see it pop up somewhere with a $5000 price tag.
    Last edited by kirby; 07-02-2014 at 11:22 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 25 for a fake
    P
    Many

Crazy......
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Someone clearly has more money than what is good for them..

The person probably just wants to resell it as an original.

Anyone got any pics of what was sold?
    Ben

?

I think that linking to Gottlieb's site is verboten, but here are the photos of the reproduction buckle to which Kirby is referring:

25 for a fake25 for a fake

And here is another group that sold at the same auction for $176. This was a pretty good deal, I think:

25 for a fake

The priorities of those bidders is maybe a bit off, unless the SS officer buckle is actually a mislabeled genuine one.

?

Thanks Erno, I looked for the SS example earlier and did not locate it. I would have grabbed that nice Heer buckle

Thats a hard repro to spot, in ref to the Heer buckle, thats the best Gbr Albert buckle I have ever seen, and such a hard maker to get hold of
    Ben

?

I agree that the Heer and Luftwaffe buckles were a good buy. That's a decent Luft parade buckle, so that value of that is probably around $60-75, which would make the Heer about $100 for whoever bought it. I wish I'd have seen it!