Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Am I right in thinking (FAKE)

Article about: Hi all I really want to add an SS buckle to my collection I posted a potential buy yesterday which was a fake so I've been looking at the threads on how to spot fake buckles in the hope I ca

Default Am I right in thinking (FAKE)

Hi all I really want to add an SS buckle to my collection I posted a potential buy yesterday which was a fake so I've been looking at the threads on how to spot fake buckles in the hope I can find a genuine one. This one I believe to be fake the lumps under the wings dont look rounded enough also the circle around the markings and the prongs and am I right in thinking there's pitting inside the buckle that would suggest it's cast? I would be very grateful if somebody could tell me if my suspicions are correct . Many thanks in advance John. Am I right in thinking (FAKE)Am I right in thinking (FAKE)Am I right in thinking (FAKE)Am I right in thinking (FAKE)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Am I right in thinking (FAKE)
    P
    Many

?

Johndevon,... Have you tried a few "Reliable" sites such as Lakeside Traders or The Collectors Guild & Eagle Relics ??
    These reputable dealers usually have a money back assurance... It is always a good practice to ask questions here first.. As noted... But if your looking for a "Bargain Basement" S.S. Buckle ... Good luck...
    I would trust these sources before any post by any one.. ( Craigslist / Ioffer ) Just some advice... Good luck in your endeavor I hope you find a nice example... G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Thanks for the advice gwar . A bargain wouid Be nice but I no from previous experience this is often a quick way to getting ripped off. I'm in the uk so was trying to source one here and avoid import tax but your right I'm happy to pay the going rate as long as I no it's an original buckle so I will take a look for one further afield and would also like to be confident myself that I have basic knowledge of what to look for there are some great threads on here that I am losing hours on. Cheers John

?

There are several sites in the UK too.. I would rather pay the few extra "Quid" as they say than have a stinker !! G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Very true mate. Crazy just how many fakes there are out there I almost got caught out by a uk dealer last year on a Luftwaffe camo helmet which makes me so wary of any potential purchase now. Will take my time with the buckle and make sure it's genuine

btw Lakesidetrader had a really nice buckle and priced right !

Just been looking at there site now had a look on the collectors guild to there's some beauty's on there but always find them a bit on the pricey side . Lakesidetrader has an overhoff & cie well within my budget

Quote by Johndevon View Post
    Very true mate. Crazy just how many fakes there are out there I almost got caught out by a uk dealer last year on a Luftwaffe camo helmet which makes me so wary of any potential purchase now. Will take my time with the buckle and make sure it's genuine
    If you want to tempt fate, SS buckles and Camo helmets are a great way to go...

All the same, with the buckle, there's a lot of very concrete evidence, camo helmets delve into guesswork. Brows the SS buckle stickies, and ALWAYS post the buckle here first.

This place is like Carfax for militaria, so don't be afraid to join up and support the site, thx ;-)

Cheers larboard . I've been looking at lots of the stickies threads there great on here but shocking for a novice in buckles to see just how many fakes there are , I thought the helmets were bad enough. Thanks for the advice

Truth be told, when it comes to the good fakes, even with the stickies I can't tell real from fake, and there are some very good fakes...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast