Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Another 822/38 thread!

Article about: Hi guys, I picked this up locally as a part of a larger group of items. In my eyes, it looks like a combat worn buckle. I welcome everyone’s feedback! Longshot

Quote by Longshot841 View Post
    Hello again! I had posted my buckle on a few other sites, and the feedback I’ve received has been unanimously positive. At the risk of beating a dead horse, I was hoping to respectfully ask for details as to why it looks like a fake? It’s hard for me to pinpoint flaws with it based on other photos I have to compare it to and the articles I’ve read about it, so for my benefit could someone please elaborate?

Many thanks!!
    I will invite you to read this thread
    ALUMINUM BUCKLES SS Original or copy?
    where the posted buckle is the exact same as your, in almost the same looking condition as well.
    In it is a genuine buckle. I also provided size for that buckle. Get a caliper and compare with your. If I did a mistake you should be able to tell since I do not believe this could be a post 2002 production when fakers corrected those sizes difference.
    I am unfortunately NOT going to tell which were the details allowing me to state this one was a cast reproduction when the other was an original since in such poor condition only very slim details are leading to tell which is what. This is the reason most cast fakes are now aged a lot to hide from pictures those details. But almost each time some collectors pinpointed details between original and fake, almost each time those details were corrected within months! So no need to help forgers... Get a caliper and it should be quicker

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Another 822/38 thread!
    P
    Many

Quote by Jean Pierre Redeuilh View Post
    I will invite you to read this thread
    ALUMINUM BUCKLES SS Original or copy?
    where the posted buckle is the exact same as your, in almost the same looking condition as well.
    In it is a genuine buckle. I also provided size for that buckle. Get a caliper and compare with your. If I did a mistake you should be able to tell since I do not believe this could be a post 2002 production when fakers corrected those sizes difference.
    I am unfortunately NOT going to tell which were the details allowing me to state this one was a cast reproduction when the other was an original since in such poor condition only very slim details are leading to tell which is what. This is the reason most cast fakes are now aged a lot to hide from pictures those details. But almost each time some collectors pinpointed details between original and fake, almost each time those details were corrected within months! So no need to help forgers... Get a caliper and it should be quicker
    Thank you sir!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2