Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Assman SS Buckle

Article about: Hello, Im hoping this buckle is good. Any opinions appreciated

?

Default Assman SS Buckle

Hello, Im hoping this buckle is good. Any opinions appreciated
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Assman SS Buckle   Assman SS Buckle  

Assman SS Buckle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Assman SS Buckle
    P
    Many

Hello Liam welcome to the forum. IMO no good. Compare to the pictures compiled by Ben for reference and have a read at posts 16 and 17 in attached thread. Best regards.

Brian

Assman SS BuckleAssman SS Buckle

Buckle and Belt characteristics, originals & fakes

?

Im afraid i cant see the similarity to the obviously wrong buckle shown??

Hey Liam this may better help you. Your buckle example look at the chest feathers. Yours has a void between the chest and wings giving the eagle a rather flat singular dimension look also the legs/feet they get lost in the lower half of the body, lack definition between themselves and the wreath compare to original. The originals chest feathers have no void between them and the wing giving it a fuller more three dimensional appearance. The makers markings compare the shape of numbers 5 and 4 to the original and other fake buckle, as well as the I'll defined sig runes within the circle. Lastly the reverse's lack of detail overall compared to the original. Best regards.

Brian

Assman SS BuckleAssman SS BuckleAssman SS BuckleAssman SS BuckleAssman SS BuckleAssman SS Buckle

Sorry but well known fake, triangle breast feathers, wrong eagle, wrong catch, ears prongs
    Ben

Hello,

yes as Ben state , a well known fake
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Assman SS Buckle  
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

Once again Brian...fantastic research & due to your diligent hard work & posting of the images , even I...who does not own an SS buckle can see the differences.

Maybe you can "hand pick" me an original next Max show ? A buckle I would like to acquire.

?

Thanks Brian & others. Really helpful and an education as well. Fortunately the seller has accepted the return. So this one ended well and I will have a very wary eye in future. Also Ben, are you happy to give these kind of online opinions in regards authenticity?

Yes Laim no probs, show the seller the thread, site, you can even sind these for sale on reenactors sites
    Ben