Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Belt buckle would be a good one to start a collection? Advices needed..

Article about: So, after searching a gift for a friend (a German belt buckle), i ended up to to an old fantasy of mine, own a SS buckle. As i'm not collecting German items, this one would be my first item,

Default Belt buckle would be a good one to start a collection? Advices needed..

So, after searching a gift for a friend (a German belt buckle), i ended up to to an old fantasy of mine, own a SS buckle. As i'm not collecting German items, this one would be my first item, so i truly want to chose a nice item, which won't let me feel in the near future the desire to replace him.

Many offerts online, also many fakes, some of them spottable also by me (V chest, cast signs). Considering also that there are more and more very well made fakes, i think that the most clever stept would be to ask advice from someone with more experience...in this case you.

As buget i'm around 4-500$, i saw several items with some potential, but, if possible, could you give me some good references in that direction? I've already checked some of the well known spots, but maybe you could give some other kind of advice about that.

As a start, i would like to ask you some opinion about the following one. All your time&help will truly help me to start a very tiny new branch in my collection, in a good way.

Thanks in advance,

Michael
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Belt buckle would be a good one to start a collection? Advices needed..   Belt buckle would be a good one to start a collection? Advices needed..  

Belt buckle would be a good one to start a collection? Advices needed..   Belt buckle would be a good one to start a collection? Advices needed..  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Belt buckle would be a good one to start a collection? Advices needed..
    P
    Many

Original buckle not great condition, hold on 5 mins will post some links for that budget
    Ben

This one is in better condition

SS EM/NCO's Belt Buckle by "RZM 155/43 SS"
    Ben

That truly great Evans, many thanks! I'm in a search for already 48h almost in a row many, many items (also many already sold), but also a big cache of paranoia, being also a noob on this ones...

Ps- the one posted earlier is listed at 280$

Quote by ArkanBuc View Post
    Ps- the one posted earlier is listed at 280$
    A very good price but again that does reflect the condition, at the end of the day if you like it then buy it, all depends on what you want
    Ben

Another one @ $480

TIMETRAVELERMILITARIA.COM

SS 155/40
    Ben

I was more thinking that maybeeee i would be able to recover an extra 15/20% from it (with some light baths of oxalic acid), but again, i would love a better one for the money...

I was looking also at this one (even if unmarked, detail which i would have prefered..)

Late-War SS EM/NCO's Belt Buckle with Anodized Finish

The best i saw are currently Sold...

That is a late war Overhoff buckle
    Ben

great price great price, I would take the 10 pieces