Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Black belt SS ?.

Article about: Having magnified the image, the third digit seems to have the curved bottom of what could be thought to be a six - I can't think how a four would produce that mark, it whatever style it was

Default Re: Black belt SS ?.

My SS buckles belt is unmarked but has the same catch. Would it be an SS belt? It is a very dark brown, black color.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Black belt SS ?.
    P
    Many

Quote by yellow12 View Post
    Hello,

a correct SS belt is markt with RZM .........SS .
    I just thought that technically the police was under SS control. Just trying to be a smartass...

Thankyou all for the feedback, that clears it up and I have purchased it.

Black belt SS ?.See typical SS mark to belt. While Himmler was chief of German police, the regalia of the German police was not regulated by the RZM, as the police was a state organization, not a party one.Black belt SS ?.Black belt SS ?.Black belt SS ?.

Hope you will be happy with your new purchase.

Once you have obtained a buckle for it, you should update this thread

JonB
    ?

Hate to rain on anyone's parade, especially after the favourable opinions expressed, but as soon as I saw the images in post 1, my thoughts were "hope you didn't pay much for it", the reason being that it is a police belt, and as has been mentioned, marked for the Berlin Police Presidium, but what someone has done since 1960 when Wunderlich made this item is to cunningly overstamp the "6" with a "4" in order, sadly, to lure an unsuspecting purchaser into paying more than the item is worth.
    Sorry if that was you... and I apologise if my opinion is bad news.

I have tried to magnify the photo, but I cannot make out if the date is correct or if it has been latterly changed as suggested by the previous poster.
    I guess that it would be down to reichss to examine the belt again, to see if the date has been changed?
    Obviously, I hope that this is not the case and if the belt has been altered, that reimbursement may be obtained from the original seller.

Quote by JonB View Post
    Hate to rain on anyone's parade, especially after the favourable opinions expressed, but as soon as I saw the images in post 1, my thoughts were "hope you didn't pay much for it", the reason being that it is a police belt, and as has been mentioned, marked for the Berlin Police Presidium, but what someone has done since 1960 when Wunderlich made this item is to cunningly overstamp the "6" with a "4" in order, sadly, to lure an unsuspecting purchaser into paying more than the item is worth.Sorry if that was you... and I apologise if my opinion
    is bad news.
    I think JonB is correct. Even without magnification, in the first photo
    an overstamp can be seen on the third digit.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Just to update, I have scanned the stamped date thoroughly, the 4 is original, what looks like an overstamp is in fact a little damage to the leather .

Looks overstamped to me as well....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast